Weighing in after TOM

Options
eeeekie
eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
Hey Ladies,

Just curious to find out how long you all wait to weigh yourself after your periods are done and over with?

I plan 2 days! Is that enough time?

Replies

• beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I did it one day after no loss. 2 days after 1 pound. 3 days after, 3 pounds. I am gonna stick with 3 days after, lol!
  • Mrz_Rich
    Mrz_Rich Posts: 90
    Options
    I retain soooo much water during my TOM! From the day it started last month it took a full week for the scale to be back where is should....frustrating!! So yes, I think 2 days after it's over should be sufficient! :smile:
  • eeeekie
    Options
    I did it one day after no loss. 2 days after 1 pound. 3 days after, 3 pounds. I am gonna stick with 3 days after, lol!

oh really!? wow! what a huge difference! maybe I should wait 3 days =\

Anyone else!?
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I think it varies with everyone. For me, it takes me a full week to recover from TOM. But the following week, I make awesome strides with the weight loss, probably to make up for it. LOL
  • Dynetha
    Dynetha Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i try not to weigh a few days before and on the first few days during because that's when i'm the most bloated...but like someone else said it depends on your body...
  • eeeekie
    Options
    I refused to weigh myself because I know that it would have messed with my head. The thing is my weigh day was last Friday and I got my period last Wednesday so right now I'm on 10 days with no weigh-in and by the time I can weigh again (2 days after period ends) it'll be 15 days! I have no idea how much water weight I've gained from it and I really want to make sure it's all gone before I hop on the scale. I'm hoping to get some sort of rough idea of what everyone does and kind of adjust my plan if I feel the need (which I think I might go 3 days now lol).
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I weighed in one day after TOM and no loss, it was really discouraging so I say weigh in maybe 3 days after TOM just to see.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Friday regardless. I usually am up 1-2 lbs a few days before I start, then drop it sometime mid-cycle. I'm due to start this week, so this week's weigh in will probably not be great, but that just means the week after will look extra good :)
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I usually wait three days after I start my TOM to weigh, because then it has usually evened out. USUALLY. Sometimes it hasn't, and that is frustrating. :( I was supposed to start mine on the 1st, but it hasn't been here yet. I usually have most of my crazy food cravings/binges about six to eight days before my period, which is odd...during my period I don't have those urges.

Either way, good luck!
  • HeidiM78
    HeidiM78 Posts: 58
    Options
    I weigh in every Monday,regardless
  • DRay64
    DRay64 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I think it varies with everyone. For me, it takes me a full week to recover from TOM. But the following week, I make awesome strides with the weight loss, probably to make up for it. LOL

I'm the same way I gain so much the week prior too and it takes me a week after to get back to normal.
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    I weigh in regardless ..... I think its important to get used to seeing the pattern of weight increases and decreases in your body - it doesn't mean you've done badly, it means your body is busy elsewhere right now and will get back to you later!
  • aces_babydoll
    Options
    I'm dealing with the same thing right now. I lost 15 pounds in one month. My period ended yesterday (lots of bloating)and Im still at that 15 pounds lost (after weighing today)even though i have kept at it with workouts, eating well and drinking lots of water. Im not sure how many days I should wait to weigh so I guess I will wait a few days to check.
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I find I gain most of my bloat/water weight a week before my period, so I try to stay away from the scale that day, or try to realize that it is because of my period I'm seeing that lack of weight loss or that gain. It seems as soon as TOM starts, it goes away in a day or so.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Friday regardless. I usually am up 1-2 lbs a few days before I start, then drop it sometime mid-cycle. I'm due to start this week, so this week's weigh in will probably not be great, but that just means the week after will look extra good :)

Similar. I weigh myself every Sunday. My TOM was due tomorrow, hit today :grumble:. The scale went up a little this week, but because of TOM, the only difference is that I don't log the gain. Next Sunday, I'll probably have a great loss.

On the other hand, I did still lose inches! :drinker:
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the day or 2 days after TOM is gone. Everyone's body is different, and every cycle can be different, so it's going to vary. Remember- my first TOM weigh in on this journey I didn't have any water weight, I still had a loss- it just wasn't as great of a loss. But it wasn't discouraging. Then second TOM weigh in- I was mentally effed because I was up .8 lbs. (You already knew this) lol I was bad today and weighed myself during TOM- but only because I think I finally got past the sting of the TOM numbers. If you think you can handle it weigh yourself the day after and the next 2 days after and see where you drop the most weight- you've been working sooooo hard lately on this journey- the pounds are probably going to fall off quick this week! :)