Savoury Snacks and Breakfasts

Options
I just want a little bit of advice.... I'm a savoury fiend. I'm one of those people who would chose a packet of crisps over a chocolate bar 9 times out of ten. However these savoury cravings are often my downfall for snacking and breakfasts!

In the morning for example I set out to have porridge... or fruit... or fruit and yoghurt.... and I end up reaching for a piece of toast with marmite. Or some other savoury breakfast, when i just can't face a sweet breakfast. I have my breakfast in my office before starting work and therefore only have access to a microwave and a fridge to cook my breakfast....

Snacking is also an issue when I want something savoury. I have pitta and low fat humous or ryvitas/crackerbreads with low fat cottage cheese on when I am a bit peckish between meals.

I'm just wondering, are there any other savoury fiends out there... and whats your snack/breakfast of choice that stops you reaching for the packet of crisps, the cheese and crackers... or the toast and marmite!!!!???!!

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• marinnajoyyy
    Options
    personally I go for eggs. Either scrambled or boiled. I hit them with a little salt and pepper and some dried onion. I sometimes have some wheat toast with them. Its a good breakfast because I always feel much fuller for longer than if I had just eaten cereal for breakfast.

I'm interested in any other good savory breakfast ideas any one has as well!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with walnuts or trail mix in it
  • thistimeforme
    Options
    Have you tried hummus with raw vegetables? While I also prefer pita, using lettuce (what originally was served with hummus), carrots, broccoli, etc is also quite tasty!
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I also go with eggs for breakfast, so much more satisfying than yogurt or cereal! I like mine scrambled with salsa or I'll do a quick omelette with a little lowfat feta, spinach, and tomato-the feta really gets the salty craving for me.

For snacks try a flavored hummus, garlic or roasted red pepper are my favorites. I really find these much more satisfying than plain. A lot of it for me is about the flavors, not what I'm actually eating.
  • Kirstina88
    Kirstina88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I also love eggs... might have to start cooking an egg and taking it to work with me again... it really is my only option!!

I'm going to try some feta in my omelettes, I definately crave salt. I have low fat feta on my salads from time to time for that very same reason!!

I'm definately craving the flavours and not necessarily the food.

xxxx