Why am i

Options
so overweight when i dont eat 2000 cals a day i dont eat alot of chocolate or crisps and sweet and i dont drink any fizzy drink.

Is it because i dont do as much excersie as i could. im only doing an hours walk 3 times a week.

Replies

• beccaboyle
    Options
    so overweight when i dont eat 2000 cals a day i dont eat alot of chocolate or crisps and sweet and i dont drink any fizzy drink.

Is it because i dont do as much excersie as i could. im only doing an hours walk 3 times a week.
  • sheffiej
    Options
    Start jogging a little mixed in with the walking that way you can get your heart rate higher. Sometimes walking on it's own doesn't get your heart rate high enough to burn a good ammount of calories. So start out slow and then eventually you'll be able to jog the entire time and then you'll really notice a difference. Hang in there! :bigsmile:
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    check out the post on starvation mode. It sounds like you've fallen into it. I know I wasn't losing weight and eating almost next to nothing and once I started eating "enough" food I started losing the weight.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    check out the post on starvation mode. It sounds like you've fallen into it. I know I wasn't losing weight and eating almost next to nothing and once I started eating "enough" food I started losing the weight.

Agree, same here
  • PishPish97
    Options

I ask myself this a lot. Finally I just adjusted my goal "from loosing weight" to "feeling healhty." So I watch what I eat and make healthy choices. I walk my dogs regularly, ride my bike on the weekends, and play on my Wii when I can. I do weigh myself and keep track of my info, but I don't focus so much on my weight. I just try to be healthy.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

I ask myself this a lot. Finally I just adjusted my goal "from loosing weight" to "feeling healhty." So I watch what I eat and make healthy choices. I walk my dogs regularly, ride my bike on the weekends, and play on my Wii when I can. I do weigh myself and keep track of my info, but I don't focus so much on my weight. I just try to be healthy.

Excellent! Thanks SO MUCH for the reminder....I appreciate it and I know we all need a reminder of what you shared from time to time.

The scale doesn't bother me like it used to since I too try and look at other aspects of the weight loss, inches, clothes fitting better....my healthy improving, almost off al the meds......so many things that the lbs are merely there on my ticker as a reminder of all the other things that have come along with losing the lbs. :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    It is quite rare though, to go into starvation mode after only losing 5 lbs - starvation mode is usually the body's reaction to a significant loss in a short period of time, and/or consistent low calories for a long time.

This is a tough question, but are you being honest about what you are eating each day, consistently, day after day, and over time? I only ask because I hit a serious plateau myself, and found that I wasn't being honest with myself about a little treat here, and a cocktail there, and soon enough those little bits would sabotage my efforts.

Good luck.
    :flowerforyou: