My mom will pay u to be my friend lol jk...but seriously

Options
Hi my name is Tonya and I am 27yr old single mom and student and I am going to lose 50lbs. My weight has always been a roller coaster. I lose it, gain it all back plus 10 over and over again. I lose the weight and then as soon as life gets crazy stressful I binge eat and gain it back. I will finish school pretty soon with BS in Criminal Justice. Many potential careers have a fitness and weight requirement so I am determined to finally overcome this struggle. I would appreciate you guys support.

Replies

• vnme99
    vnme99 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Tonya, I am new also, I've had the app on my phone for a while but have only been seriously using it this past week. I'd love to be a support for each other! I need to lose a total of 73 pounds. I lost 6.4 this first week but I know I'll need support! And you don't have to pay me! :wink:
  • DRay64
    DRay64 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello Tonya, congratulations on being almost done with school and on losing the weight.
  • lulu20111
    lulu20111 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi, I'm so with you on the stress eating.....I start when i'm over run with work! This site is a great support and motivator to keep going and having friends on here really helps to lessen the binge eating.....it has worked for me!

Good luck with your target, you sound very motivated and we're all here for you....feel free to join me as a friend and we can stay motivated and help each other along the way!

Lulu x
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    COME KICK THE MENS *kitten*

CHANGED IT INTO A WOMEN VS MEN % LOSS CHALLENGE AND NEED MORE WOMEN TO SHOW THE MEN UP

COME JOIN AND INVITE ALL YOUR FRIENDS. WE ARE GOING OFF %LOSS SO EVERYONE HAS A CHANCE.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/205113-men-lose-10-in-april-2011-challenge
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!1 I too am fairly new to MFP and am xcited to be on this journey AND to be able to share the triumjps and tribulations with people who know the struggle!! I will be sending you both out a friend request right now! WELCOME to MFP let's see what we can accomplish together!!
  • msmiriam
    msmiriam Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey Tonya,

I'm a student too. And boy! Do I know your struggle! You are gonna do great especially with all the accountability this site provides! I'm so happy for you (in advance)! I'm cheering for you!

Miriam
  • grandmanita
    grandmanita Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am on the same goal and am new also, feel free to add me as well.
  • Willaway
    Willaway Posts: 9
    Options
    Almost done with school?! Way to go! You'll lose this weight in no time and get a really cool job. Congrats again on finishing school. I'm in school right now and have three kids and don't expect to be through until I'm about 30 :)
  • Forlife7323
    Options
    Congrats on your soon to have Criminal Justice degree.. thats whats up... also i would be your friend for free... lol
  • florange323
    florange323 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    WOW! High 5, and ***** 5 gold stars for going back to school. If you can do that, you can do ANYTHING! Our age and weight loss goals are simular. Feel free to add me. I would enjoy the company on this long road.
    (my biggest dream is to become a pharmacist, I'm a wife and mother of 3)