first week down.....

Options
vnme99
vnme99 Posts: 18 Member
Hi all! I have just completed my first full week of using myfitnesspal. I am a 48 year old mother of 3 (2 grown and son lives with his Dad). I have a rare disease which makes exercise tricky but I desperately need to lose at least 73#. I'd really need some friends to help keep me motivated and push me!

Replies

• jodyblanchard
    jodyblanchard Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm so sorry your are coping with a disease AND struggling to lose weight. It's hard without that to deal with, but we can do this. I look around me and see others who have lost it and kept it off and wonder, "Why not me?" Well, this time, it's going to be us. Feel free to write me anytime. I am praying you have a great week. What are you doing to lose? I am going to purge myself of the dreaded carbs this week. I am addicted to them, for sure. So that's first. Onward! Jody Blanchard
  • jodyblanchard
    Options
    PS That "39 lbs to go is just to my first goal. I want to lose 100#
  • vnme99
    Options
    Thanks Jody! I'll add you as a friend!

What I did this past week is count the calories, keeping it at 1300 to 1600 per day. I was able to exercise 2 days this past week for 20 minutes each day and for me that's huge. I have some tricky diet needs but keeping track of everything on the food diary seems to make it a little easier for me to make sure I'm eating what I must eat and really opening my eyes to overeating and eating what I should not eat!

Congratulations on starting your journey! I hope we can push and motivate each other!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Wow! We wish you well. Exercising twice last week was excellent. Your overall health will improve with exercise. Take care and feel free to add me!:heart:
  • jodyblanchard
    Options
    I love the tracker, too. I love that it's free. I really appreciate that it tracks so many things for you. Ok. I will talk to you tomorrow!
  • vnme99
    Options
    Wow! We wish you well. Exercising twice last week was excellent. Your overall health will improve with exercise. Take care and feel free to add me!:heart:

Thanks! I'm adding you now!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I signed up for this site just to track calories at first, but then started making friends and getting amazing motivation and support from them, which is something I need to stay on track! It must be hard to be coping with a disease and trying to lose weight, it is hard enough to just lose weight. But even just tracking calories and changing your diet can help a lot with weight loss. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like, and good luck!
  • george1957
    george1957 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    This is the end of my first week. I'm a 54 year old father of a very sporty 11 year old daughter, and I'm just trying to keep up with her.
    Perhaps we can motivate each other.
    Good luck.:smile:
  • vnme99
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I signed up for this site just to track calories at first, but then started making friends and getting amazing motivation and support from them, which is something I need to stay on track! It must be hard to be coping with a disease and trying to lose weight, it is hard enough to just lose weight. But even just tracking calories and changing your diet can help a lot with weight loss. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like, and good luck!

Thanks Ellie! I'm adding you and hope we can encourage each other!
  • vnme99
    Options
    Hi there,
    This is the end of my first week. I'm a 54 year old father of a very sporty 11 year old daughter, and I'm just trying to keep up with her.
    Perhaps we can motivate each other.
    Good luck.:smile:

Awesome, we both have completed our first week! We can definitely motivate each other!