1 yr and 30lbs later...pics! :)

Options
SuperStorm
SuperStorm Posts: 119 Member
I started this little project on April 4, 2010 which happened to be Easter Sunday last year. I remember being at my husband's family get together and telling them we were starting a weight loss attempt and having very half hearted responses to help with my very shaky confidence. Here we are, a year later and I am down 30lbs and my hubby is down 31lbs. Yes we may have been able to do better, yes we have struggled but the most important YES is that we kept trying :)
I am so proud of us and thought I'd share my pics with everyone :)

This is us two months before we started, if you look really close you can see just how wide my "love handles" were and how smushed our bellies were LOL -I weighed 242lbs

menbunny.jpg

This is me at my lowest weight since highschool - 210lbs - in March 2011 :)

100_0334.jpg

Replies

• jonquilrose710
    Options
    Great job! You lost a lot in belly! Woooohooo! Congrats!
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Lookin' good!! Be proud of your progress and keep on keepin' on!!! Way to go!:wink:
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Nice work! You look great! Who cares how long or how fast? Progress is progress and this isn't' a sprint.
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    congrats
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    You're looking very good! Love the jeans, by the way! Where did you get them?
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look great!
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Wowww! How inspiring! It's proof that this is "doable" and the lifestyle changes you and your husband have made will ensure not only that you will continue to progress towards your goals, but will be able to maintain them! That is really fantastic!! :bigsmile:
  • cast59
    cast59 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This is not a diet but a lifestyle change!!!!
    And you definitely have changed. You look great. Keep up the good work!!!!
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Big change! You look wonderful. You must be tall like me :)
  • Hyster1
    Hyster1 Posts: 75
    Options
    Great Job. Just keep on going!!!:smile::smile:
  • DaisyBayberry
    Options
    You look wonderful!!!!! Excellent job!!! :flowerforyou:
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Wow...you look great. Keep up the great work. It doesn't matter how long it takes you to get to your goal as long as you get there. You guys should be very proud of yourselves. You could have spent the last year putting on weight.
  • dreamdealer
    dreamdealer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great Job. As I tell my wife, it's a lifelong marathon to stay in shape. A year is impressive because it only takes 30days to create a habit.
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    great job sticking with it. I knew you could do it!!
  • meugenia
    meugenia Posts: 2
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!So happy for you!!
  • ashmo1785
    ashmo1785 Posts: 117
    Options
    Congrats! you should be so proud and this Easter you'll be able to show off your new self to the people who were not so encouraging last year.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    You look great! You should be so proud of yourself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!