Hello 5"9 +220lbs

Options
Its hard to say but after 3 kids I'm 220 pounds.. I need to get down to at least 175 and then I figure I can go from there. I'm 5'9" and miss feeling tall and pretty instead of tall and"large" lol. Anyone else in the same or similar boat? Please add me as a friend!

Replies

• grandmanita
    grandmanita Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am in that boat, I too am tall, I am 5' 8 and weighed in a week or so ago at 205. I am alot older than you, but it hurts just the same. I'll take that ride with you, add me if you like. Now that you are here, you will go on and do great things. Good job taking that first step.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and 220lbs also, no kids. It's my job that did it to me! Ill add ya as a friend :)
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    HI there,

I was and am still sort of in the same boat. I also have 3 children, 1 is now 11 months old. I started out in Jan at 215 pounds, started watching what i ate, and walking more picking the older ones up from school etc. I joined MFP at the beginning of march after doing my own food diary, now i am down to 190 pounds and feeling really positive. I still hate that i am that weight but know that i can lose more and am taking it slowly, even though ideally i want it all off now, i just know that can't happen and be healthy. This site is great as it allows you to really focus on what you are eating and how much you exercise. I've even started jogging now, signed up to do a 10K in June so thats really pushing it for me. I'm only 5"6 so not as tall as you but i still know how you feel. You can and will get there a pound at a time. Keep with it.

5306960.png
  • Itisabouttime
    Options
    I miss that feeling too! Not that I have ever been slim, but at least slimmer than what I am now. I'm 5'10 and weigh around 185. Let's work on going from "big" to "tall and pretty" together :)
  • tiombe1969
    Options
    Yes I feel the same way you are not alone. Welcome to myfitness pal we are going to get through this.
  • Shadowcasting
    Shadowcasting Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm 5'9" and now 230. I had been 180 (give or take 5 pounds) for most of my adult life. And then 30-years-old happened, and it hit me like a Mack truck. I didn't eat much different or have much less activity, but all the sudden I hit 190. And the 200. And then 220. I finally hit 249 before I got my head together and admitted that ignoring it wasn't making it go away. Honestly, I don't even recognize myself anymore. I want to get back at least to 180 (160 is lowest I ever hit). I know I won't be thin, but I'd feel more like myself again.
  • AmandaR910
    AmandaR910 Posts: 991
    Options
    I've had three kids as well, and hit 229lbs the day after I had my third. I'm 5'10".
    I'm down 51lbs (thank you MFP).

You CAN do this!
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I was there, saw my holiday photos and got on the scale, 220. 240 after my ankle surgery was my highest.

Now down to 181.

Starting to feel better, can sure do more, run/bike/lift/stretch. But my mind is having a hard time catching up. All I still see is the weight I still want to lose.

Feel free to friend me, anyone else in the same boat as well, and will try to support you.
  • rliggett
    rliggett Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 225 but only 5'4". Soccer mome with an job that makes me travel 70% of the time. I have no excuse but plenty of distractions from everything I know is the right thing to do. I am new to this but I have to make it work! Add me as a friend.
  • lostemt76
    lostemt76 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 35 5'8 no kids but 319lbs due to med that pack on the pounds but I fighting back. If you want to friend me please feel free to. Still trying trying to figure out the MFP. I was looking it over again and they daily/weekly on calories and exercise, but still not positive on it but if u get u help me