Needing motivation and support :(

Options
cmor2005
cmor2005 Posts: 21 Member
Hi everyone. I recently joined the site. I started out real strong and then lost my motivation for about 2 weeks. Now I'm back and hope I can stick with it. I started doing Zumba and its making me feel great. But I easily lose my motivation.

I am a single mom who is recently divorced. I went through depression the last few years of my marriage and gained a lot of weight. A year ago I weighed more then I did the day I went into labor with my daughter. I am 5ft tall and weighed 180 lbs. This past december I saw a picture of me from a year ago and decided it was time to make a change. In 3 months I have gone down from a 14/16 in pants to a 12. I have noticed a huge difference in the way things fit. I'm not sure how much I've lost because I'm a chicken when it comes to stepping onto the scale.

My problem is that I lose my motivation quickly. I don't have anyone to help keep me motivated and support me. Please help!

Replies

• krystleRD
    krystleRD Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Well you came to the right site for motivation and support... Depression is a scary thing and it will take control, so glad you came out of your depression.. Let your daughter be your motivation at home and MFP be your support and guide.... add me if u like
  • nomoremuffintop42
    nomoremuffintop42 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    you can add me..I'll support you!!
  • realia
    realia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Wow, I'm sorry to hear about that. Glad you're working on it. That's the first step and I'm proud of you. I lose motivation very quickly also and I must say, people are really motivating here. :)
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    you are down almost 2 sizes! FANTASTIC! you should feel fabulous about yourself. There is nothing better than having confidence in yourself. Feeling happy about who you are and how you look is a great confidence booster! And this is a great place to be to helpwith motivation! Good luck to you!
  • kiisha_11
    kiisha_11 Posts: 55
    Options
    You not the only, I lose motivation fast and quick to. What you could do is make a motivational poster with things that motivates you, such as your kids, people who inspire you..etc.

Stay Positive and you will get through it. Don't give up. Even on days where you don't wanna work out because it's your time to work out you should workout any way because at the end of the day, you will complete your daily exercise and you will feel a whole lot better instead of regretting that you should have worked out..

Hope this help, Good Luck.
  • puggy82
    puggy82 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi evlmdgt :smile:
    Way to go you for getting down to a size 12 pants
    Iv have just been in a 2 week slump and today is the day for me to get back into it. Im 5ft 4inch and weigh around 182lbs so if you want to add me we could support each other and have a motivated next 2 weeks and more
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am new to this website, but I am here for you!! :)

Every day is a new day and you are in charge of its outcome! Every day is one step closer to reaching your goal!
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Ill support you when you need it!
  • arocca
    arocca Posts: 2
    Options
    I can totally understand the motivation thing, I have been on this site actively for a little more than a week and it's GREAT, I feel like i have someone to hold me accountable for what i do...I went over on my calories yesterday and I felt SOOOOO guilty like I let everyone down, but I read the posts and see that everyone has an off day and instead of getting off the wagon like I would normally do I went out and bought ZUMBA WII lol and I feel better than ever! Welcome aboard!!!! Having this support has REALLY helped! Add Me if you'd like! =)

ashley
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You are doing great so far! I'll send you a friends request. I can always use friends.
  • secondrowchick
    secondrowchick Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    I know what you mean about motivation - I am 26 and currently weigh just under 19 stone (about 270 pounds I think) and for the last 10 years I have been too scared to step on the scales. I have found the biggest motivation to be seeing every little pound dissapear and tracking my weight on here. I managed to loose a bit (but put it all back on during some family problems). I only weigh myself once a week, usually on a Sunday morning as the fear of the scales stops me from eating take away on a Saturday evening! Be brave adn good luck!
    Jenny =)
  • christinar2008
    christinar2008 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am also one that loses motivation after the first 15lbs or so. I just finally said I am going to do this and stick to it. Set up rewards for yourself -book, movie, dinner, etc- and don't treat yourself until you reach that goal. make your goals something you really want so you will be looking forward to it. Add me if you'd like. It is so much easier if you have someone to support you and there are great people on this site that are very encouraging.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Totally understand! Its taken me till now to decide to make permanent lifestyle changes because I would loose motivationvery quickly. I am a completly single mom (sperm donor left us when I was still pregnant) so I understand a busy lifestyle with conflicting needs and a guilt complex (as well as depression issues)

I try to motivate those aorund me even on my worst days.

You CAN do this. This site is amazing
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    get a mp3 player, think happy thoughts, & sweat. good luck
  • jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    Options
    This is the perfect place for positive motivation!!!! just think about what you want in the end and keep on going!!!
  • cmor2005
    Options
    That is a great idea, christinar! I will have to do the reward thing. Kind of reminds me of when I was potty training my kid lol
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I joined a weight loss support group (Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS - www.tops.org)) that helps me stay focused. It's a cheaper alternative to Weight Watchers. This seems to be the closest meeting place to you if you are interested. You should check it out.

You really need people that are in/near your community to help you with this.

Holy Trinity Presbyterian Church (TOPS TX 0334)
    16245 Nacogdoches Rd Family Rm
    San Antonio, TX 78247-1004
    Thur: 5:30/6:30 PM (weigh in time/meeting time)
    (Estimated Distance: 6 miles)

They are also on Facebook ... http://www.facebook.com/#!/TOPSClub

It's also a non-profit organization so you don't have them pushing you to buy all of their products.
  • dmaster555
    Options
    Nothing anybody on this site says here will give you enough motivation to do it. Find a reason for yourself and stop feeling sorry about it. If you don't think it's important enough to do it, than just don't. Stay fat.

Your health should be good enough reason.
  • rlrango
    rlrango Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know what you are feeling but use the scale and any progress will be a big help in motivating you. You appear to be a very nice person, and attractive. You begin to feel that way yourself as you progress. Keep up the good work. Ron
  • cmor2005
    Options
    Thank you all!