The cake is staring at me

Options
It's my coworker's birthday, and so there is cake. I said no thank you when they offered, and even shot down the "oh come on, just a sliver" But now, everyone is gone, but the cake is still here. It's taunting me. lol Not really, but it's there. Right there. Seven feet away. I don't want it. There is nothing benificial in it. Chances are, it looks better than it tastes. So I'll let it stare at me. I'll stare right back. I'll consume its beauty, but none of its calories.

Replies

• SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    That's a victory in and of itself! Well played!
  • heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yes - that's the way to go - remember a moment on the lips, months on the hips.....:-)
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    awesome-stare that cake down--it doesnt taste near good enough to cover the bitter taste of regret and guilt tomorrow
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Cake is my favorite thing in the world, so I know the temptation!
  • ObsessivelyObsessingObsessions
    Options
    I just turned down a Snickers Ice Cream Bar for a whole plate of salad. It has more calories, because I'm literally having a **** ton of salad... BUT at least, it's better for me.
  • furfighter
    Options
    Great Job... Throw something in front of it so it can't see you anymore.
    :flowerforyou:
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    You cake beating legend... good work!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Throw it in the trash can, and then throw something else on top of it like an ashtray or the contents of the vacuum cleaner....works every time!
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Where are you at on your calorie tolerances - I'd eat the cake, as right now I am way under :)
  • Betsybeee
    Betsybeee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    can you just throw it in the trash?
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Tell it no - you don't talk to strange foods. Think about all the exercise you'd have to do to burn that off...the average birthday cake is 310 calories
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I hate it when food taunts you. I've had the step kids all weekend and their cookies have been calling my name. Even woke up dreaming about cookies this morning (how sick is that?). So I exercised, planned well and I had my two cookies. Feel good about it too - satiated a craving but stayed on track. Its got to be about moderation, not deprivation.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    the-cake-is-a-lie.png
  • AndyBee
    AndyBee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    No, I will not throw it away. It is my coworker's birthday cake. That just isn't right. I don't need to throw it away either. I'm quite enjoying watching it, as it watches me. I know I'm in control now, not the food.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Great job avoiding the "Jedi Mind Trick" of delicious cake...that subtle pulling on the mind is powerful and deadly...I am surrounded by temptation living with four not on the same journey as me. Little Debbies, girl scout cookies, ice cream, etc. etc. I have finally conquered the sweet tooth jones and their evil presence no longer pulls me into the abyss...

In other words, good job, dude...
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Keep saying "no" but more than that...RUN! Run away from temptation!! Get it away from you. The longer you look at it and smell it, the weaker you will get.
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I just tell myself that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Why is it sitting there, can't it do it's teasing somewhere else?

Good job in ignoring its tempting ways.

GG
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how a supposedly inanimate object can have a life and personality of it's own..
    Well done for being so strong!