I have no clue what to do with weights!

Options
I want to start doing a strength training routine, but I have no clue what to do. I have a set of 5,8, and 10 lb handweights, I have a 10lb medicine ball, and I have some jillian michaels workout dvds. Does anyone have advice on how to get started?

Replies

• SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    pop in those dvds girl!!
  • crystaldougherty
    crystaldougherty Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Pop in the dvds get in a comfortable space and go at it til your body can't go anymore!!
  • kayelkay
    kayelkay Posts: 40
    Options
    So are the DVD's considered a strength training routine? I don't have to do anything extra on my own?
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    look on the internet or utube bet you will find some ideas
  • crystaldougherty
    crystaldougherty Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It'd probably be areobics or something, when you do you exercise for that day, type in what exercises you did with the dvd.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Jillian does more muscular endurance (doing the exercises for a long period of time or a lot of repetitions) then pure strength (doing a lot of weight for fewer repetitions), but you will build some endurance from doing her videos. Just be sure to check out other instructors to learn proper form. Jillian says the right cues but doesn't always follow her own recommendations for form so if you do it the way she does a movement, you may or may not be doing it the safest way for the body to move. For form cues, I highly recommend the exercise library at www.acefitness.org. I also have several workout cards saved as pictures on my profile and just posted some new workout cards on a thread in this forum today that you can use to do some weight workouts on your own.