Group for excercise haters?

Options
I've been completely AWOL from my MFP program for a couple of months. I've beaten myself up for it, but I'm ready to get back to it. I'd like to start a group for those of us that hate excercise, so that we can encourage each other. Sometimes it gets overwhelming when so many of my MFP friends are tearing up the gym and having impossibly awesome workouts, and yet here I am having trouble even walking occasionally.

So, I want to start small.
For the next 30 days, I'd like to commit to walking 30 minutes a day. I promise not to miss more than 2 days in the 30.
Would anyone like to join me?
We can keep each other motivated.

Replies

• merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I hate exercise (in the form of exercise. Accidental exercise, like cleaning, shopping, sex, games, etc, are fine, as I don't realize I am doing it). I'm going to try to jog 3-4 days a week (weather permitting) and do a workout video 5-6 days/week.
  • tammy200678
    tammy200678 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am in I am going to try to walk 5 days a week for 30 min
  • wellyourenotSKINNY
    Options
    I'm totally in.
    I want to get in a 45 minute elliptical workout at least 3 times a week.
    Oh and I need to start doing strength training, even if it's just in gym class.
  • Rockin33
    Rockin33 Posts: 58
    Options
    I am willing to do this. I need to aim for consistency. I will walk 30 min a day, everyday for the rest of the month. I am going to try and also do other workouts also but this will be the one I HAVE to do.
  • aghack
    aghack Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Rockin33,
    I'm also 33, and I also have about 50lbs to lose. Hope we can help each other out. I've decided that I am going to begin my 30 dasy by making a simple committment to log ALL of my food for the next 10 days. So, starting tomorrow, I hope we can stick with the walking thing! Good luck.