17 day diet.

Options
I was wondering if anyone here tried the 17 day diet?

Replies

• mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    Options
    i havent, but im sure you get fantastic TEMPORARY results...
  • rincarin
    rincarin Posts: 3
    Options
    I bought the book and was pumped to try it. I regret buying the book because the diet is a lot like other books I already have. Basically for the first 17 days you eat normal meals but with no carbs except for fruit-you can have 2 fruit a day before 2pm. I did it for about 6 days and couldnt continue because i love carbs and bread/potatos, etc. so it was really hard for me. It says you can lose 10-12 lbs the first 17 days if you stick with it. But i didnt notice any weight loss with the 6 days I did it. IDK. I have trouble losing weight so maybe it might work for others.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    i havent, but im sure you get fantastic TEMPORARY results...

hahahaha xD so true! Just another fad diet I am assuming
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    what happens on day 18?
  • liyahxoxo
    liyahxoxo Posts: 78
    Options
    okay i see.. thanks guys! :)

and yuh thats what i thought. im very skeptical about it, dont get me wrong. i learned on my skin that fad diets don't work.

it just looked interesting to me because i watched a few videos about it and it looked like its more about the eating right and less about the restricting. im planning on reading the book cus im really curious about it:P
  • liyahxoxo
    Options
    from what i understand, there are three cycles. each is 17 days and with each cycle there is a bigger variety of foods introduced. the first cycle of 17 days is pretty restricting cus its meant to cleanse your body from its addictions to refined sugars and simple carbs, but the second and third are much more easier to manage. cycle four just teaches you about right choices, portion control, how to change your habits and life style as opposed to restricting, etc.
  • bobbijo72
    bobbijo72 Posts: 63
    Options
    I bought the book and was pumped to try it. I regret buying the book because the diet is a lot like other books I already have. Basically for the first 17 days you eat normal meals but with no carbs except for fruit-you can have 2 fruit a day before 2pm. I did it for about 6 days and couldnt continue because i love carbs and bread/potatos, etc. so it was really hard for me. It says you can lose 10-12 lbs the first 17 days if you stick with it. But i didnt notice any weight loss with the 6 days I did it. IDK. I have trouble losing weight so maybe it might work for others.

it is true.. you can lose that much on anydiet that eliminates carbs and the white stuff.. and as shoould be that is WHAT YOU SHOULD DO>. you wont lose anything until you cut the bad stuff out... its that simple.. break the addiction and see results!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I think these "fad" diets have a place...get into the prom/wedding dress etc or just to kickstart your diet so you're motivated, but hoping for long term results without following it up with healthy eating etc would leave you disappointed and I think that is where the danger lies as some might be tempted to keep it up beyond the stated time.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    http://banks1850-machinations.blogspot.com/2011/03/low-carb-diets.html

This explains pretty well the low carb idea. It says basically most of the wieght you will lose will be water weight.
  • Therapist_mama
    Therapist_mama Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    As for cleansing your body of addictions to sugar, I have found that just by eating regular healthy meals every day my sugar addiction has abated quite a bit. I think it is because my body is satisfied and I am not depriving myself of the occasional sweet.

I personally do not like the fad diets that put intense restrictions on the body or ask us to inject ourselves with some hormone or
    take some pill to increase our chances of weight loss. I find they are not truly healthy in their approach.

I would say stick with a well rounded healthy diet and eat at regular times every day, exercise often and get plenty of rest......be sure to eat back your exercise calories, especially if you are already on a 1200-1500 calorie a day intake.

Best to you in reaching your goals!
  • liyahxoxo
    Options
    I agree with you. :) thanks !!:)