Small SV! Farewell FOREVER, 250+ lbs!

Options
DaveNix
DaveNix Posts: 78 Member
I wanted to make sure I'd had two successive weigh-ins under 250 - the weigh-in last week was suspect, having lost 4+ lbs in 24 hours, then bouncing back up above without cause the following day and drifting down the rest of the week.

"Lifestyle change" has become somewhat of an over-used catch-phrase IMO, but it's true. I'm not starving myself or even depriving myself of anything since I TRULY started paying attention to how I ate. If I want to fill a craving, I fill it - just in moderation and in full awareness of the costs involved.

I am now confident in stating I will NEVER weigh 250+ lbs again. Thank you all for your support thus far! Special thanks to my good friend Keith and his wife, Meli, who inadvertently inspired me (via Facebook) to start MFP, and a very special thanks to my wife Tess for joining me in being healthier for each other.

Next goal: 233 lbs. by my 42nd birthday in mid-May, which will be a 25lb. MFP loss, 32 lbs. since the beginning of the year.

Thanks again! WE ARE DOING THIS!!!!

Replies

• cathyv0409
    cathyv0409 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Great post, Dave! You are so right about the life-style change being overused and true. I can't wait to see the day when I think of food as a way to fuel my body rather than entertainment. I do believe with the right mind-set though, I can eventually get to that point! You are doing great!
    Cathy
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i agree 110% ... eat to live, not live to eat *S*

congrats!!!!!
  • Keightisgr8
    Keightisgr8 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Well, you know 42 IS the answer! That's amazing though, congrats. I love how changing our lives, slowly and positively is having such an effect on our bodies. I am super pumped and proud of you! Keep it up and we'll all be buying some regular people sized jeans in no time :)
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    great work
  • dcberg00
    dcberg00 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    AWESOME job buddy!! I agree... this a life change. Diets don't work... changes do!! Keep up and I can't wait to see you meet your next goal!!

BTW-- When I say diets don't work... I mean the trendy diets with all of the limitations. Too much work!! Hope I didn't offend anyone!:frown:
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Glad you are kicking butt Dave! It is not as hard as it seems and in the end, the rewards are great. It is awesome being something of an athlete again. Even if I am an old one :)
  • heartpdx
    heartpdx Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    that's awesome...and inspiring! and i know how you feel. sometimes i say out loud to myself, why did i ever think i had to starve myself? :heart:
  • tessnix
    tessnix Posts: 2
    Options
    I don't agree that food has to be solely fuel and not entertainment. I enjoy food. Truly, madly, deeply. But I do not need to eat 24/7 to do so. In fact, I am enjoying food a heck of a lot more now that I am more carefully selecting what I like instead of eating everything indiscriminately!

David, I am proud of you, and you know it. I love you!
    (FYI, I am David's wife, so I am allowed to love him in writing. It was in the original contract.)
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Can I say "I love you" too, since I have known him longer? LOL
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hi Dave! Congrats and welcome to the "change of a lifetime club"!!!
  • DaveNix
    DaveNix Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Can I say "I love you" too, since I have known him longer? LOL

Dirrrrty. :blushing:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!