what is realistic?

Options
I am wanting to lose aout 10 lbs (or a tad more) I am 5'1" and weigh about 125. What is a realistic time frame and calorie intake for me?? I do cycling class twice a week and run twice a week,

Replies

• ITSSODAMNHOT
    ITSSODAMNHOT Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You should check out the goal section on here... It'll help you figure out what to do to help reach your goal.

Good Luck & God Bless
  • shopgirl192
    shopgirl192 Posts: 102
    Options
    MFP should calculate all of that for you! :) I weigh 128 and I usually consume about 1200-1300 in calories a day and do 60 minutes of cardio 5-6 days a week! :) I'd like to lose 10 more too! Maybe we can motivate each other!
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    honestly at that weight it is hard to lose the last 10. I would say realisticly it would be 2-3 months
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    gonna be tough. you are already small. how is your bone structure?
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Since you are already a healthy weight it will be a bit harder to lose that last 10 pounds, but you can definitely do it. To be honest, I'd probably set MFP to a half pound (.5) loss per week. If you try to lose cut your calories back much more than that your body may resist more strongly and it could actually take longer. So, I'd also say in the 2 to 3 month range realistically.

Good luck on your journey. :)
  • LizWolter
    LizWolter Posts: 10
    Options
    I agree with the 1/2 pound per week goal--and you'll probably notice you end up losing more anyway. Win-Win. :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Realistically? I'd say 4 months. But with the right exercise and good food choices, you may realize that you've reached where you want to be physically long before you reach the number on the scale.
  • angofwi
    angofwi Posts: 8
    Options
    Darn!! I was hoping to do this in a month!! LOL I wanted to be 115 by my daughters graduation which is May 28th! I just cant see myself eating 1200 calories a day and still losing weight!! Is 1000 a day not enough calories??