What is the root of your binging?

Options
For me its "happy times with people"

Parties, get-together's, dinners out (with more people than just my husband), or going over to other people's houses for dinners are a nightmare for me! If I'm upset upset, or it's just the two of us I don't have near as much as a problem (I still do it sometimes but not so much uncontrollably or to the same extent)

So what are your nightmares that lead to binging?

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    For me its "happy times with people"

Parties, get-together's, dinners out (with more people than just my husband), or going over to other people's houses for dinners are a nightmare for me! If I'm upset upset, or it's just the two of us I don't have near as much as a problem (I still do it sometimes but not so much uncontrollably or to the same extent)

So what are your nightmares that lead to binging?
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    For me, it's depression. When I feel sad, I look for comfort in the bottom of a whole big bag of Dorito's..
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    For me, it's depression. When I feel sad, I look for comfort in the bottom of a whole big bag of Dorito's..
    what she said:drinker:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    When I have to make food for other people. I figure that if I slave over making things, I should at least be able to eat...ALL of it! I'm always making something for a lunch at church or a meeting for my dh or a playdate with friends. The only time I'm safe is when the playdate is with my vegan friend. Kind of limited in what I can make then!
  • aalli002
    aalli002 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For me, it's when I am feeling lonely or bored. I just start eating.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    For me its when im bored, happy, sad depressed. Well I guess whenever. :bigsmile: Damn I have issues. :grumble:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Gluttony, pure and simple.
  • Elizabetnelson
    Options
    I eat when I'm bored, stressed, depressed, anxious, lonely, mad, anything really. I started brushing my teeth a whole lot more! It helps me not to eat!
  • angelica1983
    Options
    I eat when I'm bored, stressed, depressed, anxious, lonely, mad, anything really. I started brushing my teeth a whole lot more! It helps me not to eat!

good idea...I am gonna try that one out for sure
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    For me its when im bored, happy, sad depressed. Well I guess whenever. :bigsmile: Damn I have issues. :grumble:

:laugh:
  • lnwolfs
    lnwolfs Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Friday night after a long week of work. I guess it was my way of "letting my hair down".