Curry chicken & veggies

Options
dengarrett
dengarrett Posts: 367
My wife made this for us tonight - it is SOOOO good!!

1.5 pound chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
1.5 cup broccoli
1 cup celery chopped
1.5 cup mushrooms
1 whole onion chopped
2 whole bell peppers sliced (choose your own colors)
2 tbsp. curry powder
2 tbsp. olive oil

1. Sauté chicken in olive oil, remove from pan and set aside
2. Add veggies to juices in sauté pan and cook until done, but still firm
3. Add chicken to pan with veggies
4. Sprinkle with curry powder
5. Toss and warm through

Could use a wok, but not required

Makes four servings at 402 calories per serving

Replies

• im2spooky4u
    im2spooky4u Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This sounds yummy! I love curry. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I made myself some curried pineapple chicken last night, I cubed up a boneless, skinless chicken breast, put it in a square pan that was sprayed with pan spray, added a cup of pineapple tidbits with some of the juice, curry powder & black pepper. Baked it until the chicken was done, then stirred in some corn starch, popped it back in the oven til it was thickened. Had it over some fried cabbage and just a scoop of plain ramen that I had mixed peas & carrots into for my guys. For fried cabbage I use a bag of Dole cole slaw cabbage mix with shredded carrots in it.
  • dengarrett
    dengarrett Posts: 367
    Options
    This sounds yummy! I love curry. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I made myself some curried pineapple chicken last night, I cubed up a boneless, skinless chicken breast, put it in a square pan that was sprayed with pan spray, added a cup of pineapple tidbits with some of the juice, curry powder & black pepper. Baked it until the chicken was done, then stirred in some corn starch, popped it back in the oven til it was thickened. Had it over some fried cabbage and just a scoop of plain ramen that I had mixed peas & carrots into for my guys. For fried cabbage I use a bag of Dole cole slaw cabbage mix with shredded carrots in it.
    Yummmm that sounds great! Showing to my wife now :smile:
  • JonnaGrace
    Options
    yummm
  • ladynila
    ladynila Posts: 8
    Options
    Sounds yummy - I have all the ingredients on hand will try it!!!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    trying this