Any young people using food delivery services?

Options
Hi,

I just joined Nutrisystem (can i say that?) a couple weeks ago. I joined because i felt myself slacking...i started buying food and dining out instead of cooking my own foods mostly because I didnt have time but then i also started making unhealthy choices.

No offense to the more...shall we say mature crowd but any younger people (say <35yrs old) on a food delivery service? How long were u/ have you been on it? How do you like it? Pros? Cons?

Replies

• Anolen81
    Anolen81 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I tried Nutrisytem and it was okay at first, but then I started to hate it. The food went from okay to blah...I got very bored. I did lose 11 lbs which helped me get pregnant with my baby girl :) Maybe thats why the food got gross all of sudden :/
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I had the same problems you described in the first paragraph, but I use e-mealz. I couldn't envision myself doing something like nurtisystem. It's a $5 a month service that gives you your menu and shopping list for an entire week. You can choose carb free, fat free, low fat, vegetarian, etc. Saved me tons of money on grocery bills, and the meals aren't that difficult to make. there is so much variety too!! Tonight I made a southern fav, Shrimp ettufue, and it only had about 600 cals total and low low fat.
    I know it's not the answer that you are looking for, but I can't say enough good things about e-mealz. It has literally saved me time and money.
  • mphwizzkid
    Options
    WOW that actually sounds really awesome...I dont plan on staying with nutrisystem long term, ive only got 15 lbs to go but this seems like a great option for when im done and if i regain some time to cook!

Thanks
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    ive been wanting to try it but i dont think i have enough will power since i still live with my parents and my moms always cooking
  • mphwizzkid
    Options
    Well I can definitely understand that...sometimes having family around is one of the biggest barriers, but with all the options you get on the plan, you wont even realize that your missing out on what they are eating!

....and i admit when i got my first shipment I was excited about all the different dishes!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I have never tried nutrisystem but I recently saw a "Groupon" type deal for Chef's Diet which is freshly cooked food delivered to you every night that include 3 meals and 2 snacks. Their meals are based on the zone diet (40% carbs / 30% protien / 30% "good" fats). I was lucky enough to get it for about $18 a day and it is nice not having to plan what to eat and have to really count calories because the meals keep you between 1200-1400 calories a day. Since trying this on Monday, I have seen weight loss already. They claim that for the first month you can lose 8-10 lbs (due to water weight) and then 6-8lbs a week for the remaining. Anyways...the program is usually really expensive but since I got a good deal, I tried it.
  • SunsetGem
    SunsetGem Posts: 11
    Options
    I had the same problems you described in the first paragraph, but I use e-mealz. I couldn't envision myself doing something like nurtisystem. It's a $5 a month service that gives you your menu and shopping list for an entire week. You can choose carb free, fat free, low fat, vegetarian, etc. Saved me tons of money on grocery bills, and the meals aren't that difficult to make. there is so much variety too!! Tonight I made a southern fav, Shrimp ettufue, and it only had about 600 cals total and low low fat.
    I know it's not the answer that you are looking for, but I can't say enough good things about e-mealz. It has literally saved me time and money.

Wow! I just started on Diet-to-Go. If it gets to the point where I'm tired of it, I'll try this e-mealz. Thanks for sharing!