Leah..nice to meet you all :)

Options
Hi, My name is Leah. I am almost 50 and weigh 166. One day at the Dr's I got on the scale and was stunned to realize that I was within the 25 lbs range of topping 200. I am also in the middle of menopause complete with a new weight gain at the stomach..Menopot belly :( eeuuw.. I thought the weight was bloat..ha...the weight was WEIGHT. That day I started dieting and I've lost about 15 lbs thus far. Keeping the food diary pretty good except for Fri/Sat, but my scale simply won't move. This week I've decided to track Fri/Sat. AND eat all my excercise calories. I mean a see a infestimal slide down on the scale needle and actually I was able to fit into a size 12 skirt this week! !! Zipped and buttoned! but that scale has me bummed OUT. I went to the wrong rack and tried on 2 dresses and they fit tightly..I was depressed as hell until I looked at the tags UNBELIEVING that I had fatted up that much and found that they were 12"s not my usual 14's!! Happy Dance Happy Dance...BUT...here the bad.... I've been avoiding my excercise calories because it is hard for me to figure out what a healthy snack is. I do a lot of AMY's Frozen meal...for the calorie counts...and salad/oatmeal. When it is late at night...I figure well a glass of wine is over a hundred..I'll have that..then I don't want to eat! So strategy change. Track all calories and eat the excercise ones back until I am at my goal. I am very nervous about this as it's only been 2 weeks since my intake has dropped and the weight loss slowed so I don't know if that was enough to drive me into Starvation Mode. My trainer at the Gym has advised AGAINST doing this because I am trying to lose weight...So I read the boards here..especially BANKS post and am going to give it a shot. I sure hope I don't gain weight this week :( I also need to space my calories out so that I don't have a huge amount left and it's 10:30 at night. Lastly I am going to make better food choices..nuts, peanut butter and apple...that stuff. I am heading out to the Gym now...hope this strategy works.. L::ohwell:

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi welcome and gd luck:flowerforyou:
  • deannar417
    deannar417 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Good Luck :happy:
  • sellingsworth
    Options
    I try to think of it as a process rather than a diet - make healthy choices rather than unhealthy ones - I am sure you did not gain your weight in two weeks - so do not expect to lose it in two weeks - it is better to go for a size than a weight - and going down a size is always good ... Keep it up
  • kblau
    kblau Posts: 38
    Options
    hey Leah! welcome to MFP!
  • leahmom2011
    leahmom2011 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys! Well he we go for another Week!. I just came home from working out ate a my excercise calories and I'm left with 1500 healthy calories to consume....Here goes! BTW I went back and checked reports and oddly enough my weight stalled around the same time I stopped eating all my excercise calories so I'm hoping...that was the problem...
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!! :smile:
  • leahmom2011
    leahmom2011 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update. I spent last week eating my excercise calories and GUESS WHAT..the needle moved! I went to 164!!!!! FINALLY. I also checked with a trainer and was advised NOT to lift 6 days a week.. Only 4. So here we go. The weirdest of the weird was finding a diet log from last july with measurements. The weight was 163 (a lb BELOW where I am now :( ) BUT the measurements? I've lost inches from my tookus, legs, arms, chest.!! HOW in the world can it be that I weigh a drop more but am inches less? Any clues?
  • chimibug
    chimibug Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, Leah - from what I have read, it is not unusual to stay the same or even put on weight when exercising. Muscle weighs more than fat and it is more compact - so don't get too hung up on the numbers on the scale and focus on how your clothes look and above all how you feel! Good luck and continued success on your journey.