100 lbs to lose with help of family and friends

Options
I posted on facebook that I was considering joining Weight Watchers, but that I was wondering if there were any cheaper alternatives. A family member suggested this website and now I have officially completely my first day of tracking. My goal is to lose 100 lbs over the next 2 years. By my 30th birthday I will reach my goal weight, which calculates to about 1lb a week.

Eager and excited to finally be heatlhy,

Victoria

Replies

• Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Your lucky to have people who care. :-)
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! It's a great place of support and inspiration!!
  • Criolla80
    Criolla80 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi,

I think Myfitnesspal.com is a great place to start your weight loss journey. Weight Watchers is okay but you need to be able to eat without point counting. Here, you can understand more about empty calories and the benefits of daily exercise.
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You have just landed in the right hands!! The people on here are so supportive and a wealth of information when you have questions..Best of Luck!
  • AllegraWilliams
    Options
    You can do it! There is allot of support her, and the food and exercise logs rock!

Welcome!
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome to have family like that! I really do believe you will get to your goal!!
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    It's hard but you can do it.. just don't give up =)
  • mmcbutterpants
    mmcbutterpants Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Every success story you read mentions food and calorie tracking to be the most important tool for weight loss and management. I know that after tracking all the foods I eat (even the parts I'm not pround of) has helped me significantly thoughout my weight loss journey. I have found that the times that I don't hold myself accountable are the times that I gain, every time. At first it's just about the logging. just log every single thing that goes into your mouth and you'll find that after a while you'll say no to things and pass up bites or tastes of foods because you don't want to log it. and you'll become so aware of portion size after measuring everything that you'll be able to eye-ball a serving of almost anything.
    Good luck to you in your quest for health. You have what it takes.
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It's wonderful that you have a support system. It can be very difficult, but now that you have started, which is the hardest part (to me), you will do great. This is also a wonderful place for support and help. Welcome!
  • Quaneshia1983
    Options
    I found out about this website through my doctor and I must say that see what I eat everyday has really made look at my portions a lot closely than what I use to. I use to tell my husband that I was born with heavy bones. But you and I both know that was something to make myself feel good. There is no such thing as that. Since you have a great support system you will make your goal and the people on here are so great. I started out at 276pds now I'm down 56pds I only have 50pds left to lose before June and I will get there. Just keep the faith and you will make your goal but also don't feel bad if you slip up we all do but its okay just dust yourself off and try again. You have put everybody else first now its time for you to put yourself first. So lets get started yyaaaayyyyy.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    victoria I have the same goal! maybe we can be support buddies? this website has great support and yummy recepies
  • VictoriaMae
    Options
    I am just shocked by all of the support! Thank you all very much. This is my first day and I went over on my goal, but that's ok. Tomorrow is a new day and I will do better. My inspiration is my daughter. She deserves to have a healthy mom that can keep up with her.
  • VictoriaMae
    Options
    LexiSweetheart......I think thats a great idea! Lets do it. But how?
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    You can do this.One day at a time.There`s lots of support.Ask if you need help.Make friends for support.
    Good luck!!
    jane
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I am just shocked by all of the support! Thank you all very much. This is my first day and I went over on my goal, but that's ok. Tomorrow is a new day and I will do better. My inspiration is my daughter. She deserves to have a healthy mom that can keep up with her.

Yes tomorrow is a new day! i will add you as a friend so we can be support buddies
  • GeekMomma42
    Options
    Welcome! As you can see, there is a lot of support here. Don't worry about going over today. Everyday is a learning experience. You can do this! If you want another friend (and mom) to go on this journey with, add me as a friend. We can motivate each other!
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am also trying for that 100lb mark.

Keep posting and keep up with your diet and exercise journal and it will happen.
  • mmageau
    mmageau Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are on the right track just by signing-up on this site. I never watched what I ate until recently, didn't know how to count calories and certainly didn't have time to start weighting my food. This site only takes me a few minutes a day and I've already lost 8lbs over a 2 week period. As you log everything, you'll see patterns and start avoiding some type of food you may not even have guessed were fattening.

You'll get there, just don't give up! If you feel you need support, simply reach out...