Scale Battles...

Options
how often should you weigh yourself? i tend to do it every morning and it can be a real buzz kill! i hear you should only do it once a week??

Replies

• Criolla80
    Criolla80 Posts: 14
    Options
    I think once a week is sufficient. Otherwise, you will find yourself freaking out with every weigh in. God forbid you're a lb heavier! Just keep it to once per week and preferably in the morning.
  • fukuyama
    fukuyama Posts: 43
    Options
    I do it every two weeks...
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I dont believe in the power of the scale I wont allow a thing to take away my thunder, happiness and determination. I measure myself once a month and take a picture. The scale moves up and down for various reasons throughout the day so I dont live by the scale and I believe if the scale takes anything away from you then throw the damn thing away
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    Do what works for you? I went through a period where I HAD to stop weighing myself daily because it was driving me crazy and I was becoming obsessive. Now I weigh myself daily because I can usually tell if I'm on track to meeting my weekly goal this way. SOMETIMES I have to separate from the scale for a while, because I start to obsess. You have to decide what works for you. There are arguments for weekly weighing and daily weighing, but I would do what suited me at the time.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but only record it once a week. I usually wake up and go to the washroom and weigh myself. I also tend to weigh myself throughout the day just to see what's happening, I figure if I am in the bathroom anyway might as well weigh myself :wink:

For me it helps. If I get on and have gained I up my water/exercise and much more aware and if I have lost I am so proud I know what I am doing is working.
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a week. On Mondays my official weigh in day and Thursday to make sure I am on track for the week.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    It's really all a matter of personal preference. I weigh every morning, but if I started getting out of hand I would drop it to once a week. I know there are a LOT of arguments for not doing a daily weigh and I do understand whee they're coming from and it does make a lot of sense... but as long as it isn't detrimental to me, I don't see the problem of doing it (for me). When I'm up, I know I need to work harder, and when I'm down I know I'm doing good, so it makes me want to keep working at it. So for me, it's a win win. :D Do what works for YOU and don't worry about what everyone else says/does... That's my advice.
  • AllegraWilliams
    Options
    I limit myself to every 3 days, though allot of times I'm itching to get on earlier. I resist, the buzzkill thing is a big one. Also muscle gain can temporarily increase your #'s, big shocker when you work out like crazy and then weigh more. lol.
  • JeepOnRock
    Options
    I weigh daily. That is what works for me... it doesn't work for everyone, but it works for me.

It keeps me motivated and I can't put it off. If I just weighed once a week, I might be tempted to try to pack the weight reduction into the later part of the week. Weighing daily, I know that today is THE DAY that I have to work on my weight.

My weight goes up and down, and if I was on an up day for a weekly weigh in, I would feel bad about it for another whole week... daily, not so much.

The important thing to do is what works for you.
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Once a week ,or I'll get obsessive. :)
  • TROPIKALPUNCH
    Options
    I weigh every day, but record weight loss once a week. If I'm not getting on the scale every day, I am in denial about something. It just keeps me accountable. Daily fluctations don't drive me nuts, but if they did, I certainly wouldn't be doing it so often.