How often do you eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    That is almost the exact meal pattern I have, I eat at 9.30am, 1pm, 4.30pm and 8pm. My family all eat the same pattern.
  • jantim1990
    jantim1990 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 times a day....Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. I try to incorporate alot of fiber into my diet to keep me fuller longer. If I do get hungry in between meals, I just eat a piece of fruit and drink some water. But I normally just eat the 3 meals.
  • aristel
    aristel Posts: 110
    Options
    I have a good breakfast, a mid morning snack (usually a piece of fruit), good lunch, mid afternoon snack (peanuts, popcorn, cracker bran cookies, a glass of milk or another fruit portion), a light dinner and a glass of non fat milk before bedtime.
  • Aps123
    Aps123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    haha i JUST posted this on here too! i am sticking to my small meals through the day that way i dont get too hungery and pig out!
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I think they release all these new studies/recommendations/tips just to confuse people and keep the diet industry in full swing. It is ridiculous. :grumble:

Personally, I eat 3 meals per day, and 2-3 snacks per day. But, I've read many different approaches about how often to eat, from 6+ mini-meals per day, to only 1 big meal per day. I also know people who've experienced success with all of these strategies. It also depends what your lifestyle is like and what your goals are. I say do whatever you feel you can do consistently to get to (and maintain) your goal.

And yeah, I also think WHAT you eat matters more than when you eat it.
  • aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry... Sometimes I snack a lot, sometimes I eat bigger, fewer meals. I think listening to your body is best.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I don't really space it out, because my schedule is different every day. I do always eat a good breakfast in the morning. But after that it can totally vary. Some days I just have snacks throughout the morning & afternoon every couple hours, then I have dinner, and maybe a snack later on. Some days I have an actual lunch with maybe just one snack before dinner. I almost always end up having a bowl of cereal or something sweet in the evening. No timetable at all though. I eat when I get hungry.
  • Sarah101010
    Sarah101010 Posts: 235
    Options
    I eat every two minutes, but I am no role model! :):)
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your thoughts/feedback. I am basically doing the same as most of you with eating every 2-3 hours. I just wanted to see what everyone else was doing and glad to see I am on the right track/mind frame. Thanks again....you guys rock!