Spinach in my smoothie?

Options
ambie35
ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
Saw a thread with spinach smoothie recipes in in a while back. Just wondering, do you taste the spinach? Does anyone have any recipe suggestions?

Replies

• MamaReebs
    MamaReebs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have used spinach in my smoothies a few times. I blend it up with a little of whatever liquid I am using so it get's it real fine and then I add the frozen fruits or whatever else I am using and mix it. I usually have bananas and berries with it, so it's not noticeable in taste or color in that smoothie. My kids don't know the difference at all, or my husband.
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I dont taste the spinach in mine i use apples cucumbers celery and lemon juice and I dont notice it at all its sweet. I think it depends what you have in it!
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I know many people who use almond milk and mix the spinach with half a pear. They also use a meal replacement powder to go with it but if you want just a plain smoothie add Ice blend and enjoy!!! everyone says its delicious....i still have to try it!
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I know many people who use almond milk and mix the spinach with half a pear. They also use a meal replacement powder to go with it but if you want just a plain smoothie add Ice blend and enjoy!!! everyone says its delicious....i still have to try it!

thanks,and ps I totally have that audrey quote canvased on my bedroom wall.
  • mawinston
    Options
    hi there. I make smoothies with spinach and I have never tasted the spinach. Of course, the smoothie usually has a greenish color to it but don't taste it at all.