Hello New Friends!

Options
Hello, My name is Angel and I have 43 lbs to lose to reach my ideal weight. I have been struggling with this because of a physical disablity that limits my exercise. I am looking into alternative exercise programs that are none impact but until I find the perfect one, I thought I should start on the food aspect of losing weight. Thankfully, I have a wonderful support group in my family, and hope to join you all on here for support and encouragement. Thank you for creating this type of site!!!

Replies

• wescam
    wescam Posts: 9
    Options
    Good luck!! you can do it!
  • deraser
    deraser Posts: 7
    Options
    don't target an "ideal" weight. lose some and see how you feel. it is amazing how good it is when you can buy even one size smaller.
  • kamyers89
    kamyers89 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I'm so glad you have a good support group with you on this-- there's nothing better than having the people you care about with you 100%! Good luck! :)
  • avazquez_1971
    Options
    Thank you all. It is amazing. Just now, I told my hubby that I signed up here and that I am already 26 calories over my ideal calorie intake. His comeback was, "well you weren't able to exercise today. You did not eat enough to worry about it!" Love it. So encouraging. However, I did make wrong choices in what I did eat, and knew it when I was eating it. However, now that I have to put it down and look at it, I know I will do better. Usually my problem is not eating enough. When I first started trying to lose weight, I consulted with a dietician. She had me write down everything I ate for a week, amounts and all. She met with me again at the end of that week and we counted up my calorie intake each day and then took an average. My average was 250 calories a day. My highest calorie day that week was 300. My lowest was 40. So I usually have issues with eating. Now I am having to hear my whole family, including my young daughters tell me, "You need to eat, have you eaten today, what have you eaten" etc. Sometimes gets irritating but all done in love, support, and encouragement.