gain muscle

maximusfitness
maximusfitness Posts: 7
edited September 25 in Fitness and Exercise
I was wondering is there any way I can setup myfitnesspal to keep track of my muscle gain? telling how many calories carbs and protein I should be eating a day?

Replies

• CriticalX
    CriticalX Posts: 212 Member
    no way to track that
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    If you find out percentages that you want to shoot for, you can manually adjust your daily total, and and percentages of protein, carbs, and fat. If you want to use say 40/40/20 then from your home page click goals - change goals - custom and you can change anything you want.
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Figure out your daily maintenance, then add calories for a bulking phase. A slow bulk might be 500, or you can go for it by raising by more than that. The slower the bulk the slower the muscle build, but also the less fat gain.

Read the book The Anabolic Diet on kindle from amazon ($4 online - out of print otherwise) it explains a lot about gaining muscle.

You'll have to go My Home > Goals > Change Goals > Custom to adjust protein/carbs/fat to a more reasonable number. The protein setting is way to low here by default.
  • CriticalX
    CriticalX Posts: 212 Member
    Figure out your daily maintenance, then add calories for a bulking phase. A slow bulk might be 500, or you can go for it by raising by more than that. The slower the bulk the slower the muscle build, but also the less fat gain.

Read the book The Anabolic Diet on kindle from amazon ($4 online - out of print otherwise) it explains a lot about gaining muscle.

You'll have to go My Home > Goals > Change Goals > Custom to adjust protein/carbs/fat to a more reasonable number. The protein setting is way to low here by default.
    but u have to eat good foods to do this or it all will go to ur belly.
  • PeterBuilt09
    PeterBuilt09 Posts: 24 Member
    Exactly what SteveMcnight said.. thats what i had to do and its been working great for the [ast 3 mnths
  • 343paul
    343paul Posts: 24
    I figure out my calorie goal first. Then determine how many calories i want to come from protein to give me my first percentage to plug in. You then can work the other percentages in.
This discussion has been closed.