I need help !!

Options
Hello everyone, as I guess everyone here I need lots of help. I am way overweight and have got to lose for my health if nothing else!! I am 54 and from Texas I would love to have some friends to give me encouragement along the way. My friends here don't believe me anymore and I can see why, this is the hardest thing I have ever tried to do in my life. Please help me help myself !

Replies

• mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    Welcome!
    And trust me, you HAVE come to the right place! I have been here only a little time, but I can't believe the support and motivation that everyone offers here. you feel like it IS possible. with one baby step at a time!!!!
    I think the best thing for ME.. was looking at the post under the "sucess" section titled" I need motivation like WHOA! post before and after pics" it is treuely amazing and inspiring to see the changes people have made!
  • deraser
    deraser Posts: 7
    Options
    be patient, you can do it. move a little more, eat a little less...and forgive yourself if cake or ice cream intrudes now and again!
  • muffintopteri
    Options
    Welcome Ladybug! This is the place to get motivated and to be accountable to yourself and others and to be successful. Mandamama's right about the before and after photos of others and the success stories. The complete strangers you will meet who care enough to take the time to encourage you is amazing!! You CAN do this. Just log in everyday and get your body moving if only a small walk to begin with. God Bless!
  • MILF25
    MILF25 Posts: 4
    Options
    You can do it! drink lots of water. I started jogging with a suana suit over my sweat clothes and I have lost 2 lbs in one day. I got the suana suit from Walmart for $10
  • ChrisR0128
    Options
    I joined about 6 weeks ago. Got a membership to the YMCA and now 30 pounds and alot of sweat later, I enjoy working out now my stress level is so much better, and my general out look on life is shifted. It wasnt easy to get started and keep going but once i saw improvments and started getting compliments from people it made it all worth it. And motivation, look at everyone on here, I knew i wasnt alone and the only one that felt the way i did. Anyone that wants add me as a friend we all need support and motivation sometimes
  • Quaneshia1983
    Options
    Hi Ladybug, I was told about this website through my doctor. I have been logging all of my food and exercise on here ever since the 3/22/2011 and the people on here are so supportive. I started off at 276 October of last year and started working out and just eating a better. Then when my doctor told me about this site so far I have lost 9pds which puts me down 56pds and only 50 pounds to lose before June. You can do it Ladybug just don't give up we are here to help you through everything. If you slip up its okay just dust yourself off and try again. Good luck on you goal and welcome to a great encouraging community of people. God Bless
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. But if you can just make it through one day, and then another, and then another, you'll be going strong. We all mess up, we all make mistakes, but recognize them and get right back in there fighting for what you want.
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    the absolute most important thing is diet. getting aerobic exercise is a good supplement, but if you want to lose weight you must absolutely watch your diet.

set a goal of 1 lb a week weight loss to start off and once you get used to restricting your calories that much, then move on to 2 lbs.

eat lots of fiber and stay away from so called empty calories (food or drinks high in high fructose corny syrup and other unnatural sugars, as they increase your calorie intake but don't decrease your appetite).

if you can afford it, a good bet is to buy mostly whole foods as they are not made with cheap materials (like the aforementioned corn syrup).

good luck.
  • hairspray74
    Options
    first I want to say that you or anyone can add me! and second, don't say that you see why your friends gave up on you like that I'm sure they haven't but worse is it sounds like your close to giving up too, you can do this, we all can, it';s all about goals and believing in yourself! I have set 3 small goals of 20 lbs each, I have lost 23 lbs so far so I have one goal down and I'm 3 lbs into my second goal! it may not be much when you think about it like it's only 23 out of 60 but I like to think of it as 1/3 down! I was 240, now I'm 217 and next I'll be 200! don't set crazy goals and say I want to lose 6 or 7 lbs a week, if that scale says 1 or 2 lbs be proud of that cuz you had to burn off 3500 calories to get that off!!! keep your chin up and you'll get there!!!
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ladybug, from another Ladybug! My screen name/email has been Ladybug (well, a slight variation of it) since we got internet in about 95!

You've come to the right place. The support, encouragement, and motivation you will find here will help you reach your goals as long as you are consistent in logging in and find people that motivate you.

Best of luck to you!

Lisa
  • nbaker10
    nbaker10 Posts: 1
    Options
    go to the store and buy celery ...lots of it...I can eat almost 2 heads in one day..
    if you do not like to "fix" it buy the pre stick in the container....or heads of celery
    buy laughing cow cheese..low fat 35 calories for a triangle...save the celery for when you are hungry
    and eat all you want.....not all you want of the cheese but a triangle of cheese even 2x a day is better than
    eating 3 cookies at once....if you do not like water buy distilled water in the b ottle .
    .for some reason it is much easier to drink....these are a few of my suggestions..I just started and
    trying to lose some weight too.....arm yourself with success by buying the things you need..
    hope that helps I send this message coupled with much support....everyday is a new beginning.