what to eat??

Options
vsangel87
vsangel87 Posts: 108 Member
hey guys! i need your advice here. so, long story short, i am unable to use the kitchen to cook...all that's available to use is the microwave and oven. what would be the best choice for dinner as far as frozen dinners/microwavable meals go? i want something that will satisfy my appetite and that's low sodium (if any such thing exists). thanks for your help guys!

Replies

• merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Frozen meal and low sodium? HA! That being said, Trader Joe's guilt free mac and cheese, and some veggie and cous cous deal they have, are both amazing, under 300 cals, and less than 50% of your sodium for the day...
  • adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I like the healthy choice meals. That is what I usually take to work for lunch. You get a main dish, side sometimes 2 sides and a desert. My favorite one the salsbury steak. It has the steak w gravy, potatoes, green beans and an apple crisp desert. It is like 300-350 calories...look it up. It is pretty good.
  • Alyssa215
    Alyssa215 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Frozen vegetable steamer bags! Steam fresh veggies in the microwave :)
  • PoorGirlEatingHealthy
    Options
    Get to know the all natural section of your grocery...kashi and amys makes some good choices! Also Trader joe's! Just make sure to read that label!
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Kroger sells bags of frozen veggies with rice and noodles already in them. I like those a lot. Soup is good... just heat it slowly in a microwave. If you have an oven you can still cook. Baked chicken, veggie lasagna, roasted vegetables... You can always buy yourself an electric skillet. Those aren't too expensive, and it'll act like a stove for however long you're without a real one.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    When I need a frozen meal for work I get healthy choice meals. The steams that are separate from the sauce. I cook it then I do not add the sauce so I do not have all the crappy stuff in the sauce! Depending on your situation you might be able to just buy a steam too. I bought one from walmart for 30.00. I put my chicken in with some vegies and have a great meal in 30 minutes and all you have to do is plug it in and add water.

I hope that helps.

Jennifer
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Low sodium frozen meals just don't seem to exist. About the lowest I've seen are the Healthy Choice steamer trays (not the bowls). They have around 490-550. Most others, Trader Joe's, Amy's and Kashi included, all tend to have 700 and above.

Plus the carbs are crazy on most of them, 30-60 per meal, depending on the meal, for 7-10 total ounces of food.
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    What about jacket potatoes with cheese, or salad or cold meats? Or baked beans? All low sodium and much better for you than ready meals!

B x