hmm, drugs or music

Options
LoveDLady
LoveDLady Posts: 64 Member
OK so I got put on a Drug just recently that has a side effect of depession that I can tell is making me well... amazingly, depressed. Which I don't think I have ever been in my life! I am a happy, upbeat, person! So I called my doctor and asked if I could stop taking this meciation, the answer was quick NO, which I figured it would be, but he said I could be started on anti-depressants. I am currently on 6 different medications that I have been put on in the last 3 weeks, the last thing I want is another one!! I also get weekly spinal taps at the moment until we come up with a "better solution", with is a four-six hour process each time I go in.

So what I need, what I want your help for, are the happiest, most positive song suggestions you can think of. It doesn't have to be fast paced, but it has to be disgustingly happy. Because at the moment that's what I need in my life. I need a playlist I can put on and every song would normally make my want to vomit! Like "Banana Pancakes" -jack jonhson The songs that are to prefect to portray reality, type song. That's what I need.

Thank you.

Dana

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    the two very strong 'anti-unhappy' songs I think of first are

jumper - 3rd eye blind
    everybody hurts - R.E.M.

there are so many others, but I can't recall atm. Those 2 actually make me a little sad sometimes but their message is clear - cheer up and push forward.

I hope you find a happy medium soon and can slow down on the doctor visits. Feel better!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    about 50% of my work out playlist - lets see...

You've got the love - Florence and the machine
    Song Away - Hockey
    So What - Pink
    Suddenly I see - KT Tunstall*
    Remedy - Little Boots
    Far Above the clouds - Mike Oldfield*
    Paladio - Escala

and from elsewhere...
    Elephant Love Medley - Moulin Rouge*
    Back to You - Lisa crawley
    Love It When You Call - The Feeling (actually - the whole 12 stops and home album)
    Common People - Pulp
    Barbra Streisand - Duck Sauce

* listen to these if no others!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    the two very strong 'anti-unhappy' songs I think of first are

jumper - 3rd eye blind
    everybody hurts - R.E.M.

there are so many others, but I can't recall atm. Those 2 actually make me a little sad sometimes but their message is clear - cheer up and push forward.

I hope you find a happy medium soon and can slow down on the doctor visits. Feel better!

Um - everybody hurts by R.E.M has the opposite affect on my - which just shows that music is a lot of personal taste!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I'm totally loving "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga. My kids (2 and 5) and I were rocking out to it today in the car.
  • LORR79
    LORR79 Posts: 55
    Options
    High Hopes - Paolo Nutini. Love this song! It contains the lyric "let us change what we can and accept what we can't" and is such an uplifting wee tune.

Also Pencil Full of Lead and 10 out of 10 by Paolo,never fail to make me feel happy. Especially the former, "I've got a sheet for my head and a pillow for my head", How cant that fail to make you smile :laugh:

Love Paolo to bits and he's Scottish like me. :tongue:

Hope you feel better :flowerforyou:
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Um - everybody hurts by R.E.M has the opposite affect on my - which just shows that music is a lot of personal taste!

Yeah, it sounds sad. But the lyrics are very positive, which is why I listed it.
  • NathanBurton
    Options
    I'm totally loving "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga. My kids (2 and 5) and I were rocking out to it today in the car.
    \

Eeek, I pity those children, being raised to listen to untalented pseudo-musicians like lady gaga.

Anyways, Id go with:

Three little birds - Bob Marley
    Times Like These - Foo Fighters
    I Can - Nas
    Time of Your Life - Matt Mays
    Love Rollercoaster - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    If I am in a crap mood I like to listen to..
    Loveshack (makes Me want to shake me *kitten* lol)
    Oddly enough the song "break stuff" by limp bizkit is my go to angry song I listen to it super cranked a couple times and voilà lol (no kid friendly!)
    Unskinny bop -poison
    Single ladies-beyonce
    I will survive-Gloria gaynor
    Anything eminem lol
    Hmm I will have to go check my computer i am on my phone right now :)
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    Oh yeah and anything nirvana it makes me very... Calm :)
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Unwritten always cheers me up. It' not overtly upbeat, but it almost always makes me feel better.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    High Hopes - Paolo Nutini. Love this song! It contains the lyric "let us change what we can and accept what we can't" and is such an uplifting wee tune.

Also Pencil Full of Lead and 10 out of 10 by Paolo,never fail to make me feel happy. Especially the former, "I've got a sheet for my head and a pillow for my head", How cant that fail to make you smile :laugh:

Love Paolo to bits and he's Scottish like me. :tongue:

Hope you feel better :flowerforyou:

Love him too!! Got to see him up close and personal in Del Mar when he released Sunny Side Up, a real sweetheart too!

As to the OP, be sure to get second opinions, poly-pharmacy is never good, talk to another MD and develop a good relationship with your pharmacist, they are more knowledgeable than the docs. Good luck to you.
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I have a pretty eclectic collection of music, but I put a playlit together last fall for a friend is all about happy music. Here is a sampling:

Jamie Lidell - Another Day
    Edwin Hawkins Singers - Oh Happy Day
    Eric Hutchinson - Oh
    Train - Hey Soul Sister
    Matt Costa - Mr. Pitiful (actually has an upbeat tune)
    The Ditty Bops - Sister Kate
    Martha Reeves and the Vandellas - Dancing in the Streets
    Aretha Franklin RESPECT
    Abba - Dancing Queen
    Not exactly happy, but may be make a kick in the butt
    Cee Lo Green F_ _ _ You...

Hope it helps
  • gozdeh
    gozdeh Posts: 59
    Options
    I'm a barbie girl in a barbie world! :=)