new guy with total calorie question

beytzim
beytzim Posts: 3
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi,

I joined this site to go from an abdominal four pack to the so- stubborn six pack. At 5'6, 145 pounds and 34 yrs old, this site informs to only eat a net 1400 calories a day. Now, I'm a pretty muscular guy with a relatively high BMR so I'm going to assume that my calorie intake should be higher than that, but how much??

Replies

• Hi,

I joined this site to go from an abdominal four pack to the so- stubborn six pack. At 5'6, 145 pounds and 34 yrs old, this site informs to only eat a net 1400 calories a day. Now, I'm a pretty muscular guy with a relatively high BMR so I'm going to assume that my calorie intake should be higher than that, but how much??
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    How much did you choose to lose per week when you set your goals? Sounds like you chose "2 pounds per week" to get the low of a figure. You only want to lose 5 pounds, which really might be more a matter of toning than anything. If you're already within a healthy weight (and you are), you probably need to tone, not lose.

That said, you should only be looking to lose a MAX of 1/2 per pound week, if that, given your age and small amount to lose. It's going to take a while. You need to up your goal to 1/2 pound per week and see what happens.

AND, seriously considering not losing but just working out and toning and see what happens.
This discussion has been closed.