What happens when you hit a wall

Options
I have Lost 17 Lbs , but I can't seem to get rid of the rest .. I go to the gym 6 days a week .. I am 4 feet 11 inches and back to 118 any suggestions ?

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Try increasing your daily calorie intake! I don't know your specifics, but it works for many of us. Give it a week or two to settle in and see how it effects you. Many lose weight, very few gain a small amount. I know it sounds like 'oh no! eating more will make me gain!' but just give it a shot - your body might imagine it is starving, and shut off the weight loss!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    What are you doing at the gym? Ever try high intensity interval training. It supposed to keep you from hitting a weightloss plateau. Give it a try....maybe it will work for you.

2639362.png
  • suzi67
    suzi67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough and getting you water amounts in? I find that when I don't get enough nutrition in, my loss stalls. I am 5' so we're aiming for the same goals.
  • mrsqueen
    mrsqueen Posts: 15
    Options
    I was on a 1,ooo cal a day then i changed to 1,2oo cal . i work out . i think i need to change my work out regimine . I want to stay a size 4 petite <3 thank you
  • B2BB
    B2BB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Same here lost by cutting cals bit when I did a body fat % I was surprised to see that it had stayed the same cuz nit only did I lose fat but lean muscle by going so low. Its a mental challenge to increase but its been working for me :)
  • RiiNaCHiiCK09
    RiiNaCHiiCK09 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I was on a 1,ooo cal a day then i changed to 1,2oo cal . i work out . i think i need to change my work out regimine . I want to stay a size 4 petite <3 thank you

up it to 1250 cals....ur bosys more than likely in starvation mode. to eat only 1000 calories a day is terribly bad. ur body burns that much just from being alive a day...since you've upped to 1200, i think ur body MIGHT be scared of starving so its holding onto that weight still. Just up ur calories a LITTLE more and see what happens. I doubt ill gain weight. for ur size ill need to eat like 1600 calories to gain weight...