newbie: day one

Options
Hello, just wanted to see if i can meet new friends, anybody want to be my friend? :smile:

Im starting day one of the rest of my life today and cant wait to see me transform into a new confident healthier me! :happy:
136lbs to lose!!

Im michelle 25 and from the uk.
good luck everyone xx

Replies

• bruinjames
    Options
    welcome to mfp...

there are loads of people on here who are out to reach the same goals... to be the weight they are happy with .

for the majority of people its to lose weight but there are lots on here like myself who want to gain weight.

whatever reason we are all using mfp we are all here to support one another through the good and bad weeks.

hope you reach your goals and welcome to mfp.

tina
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle just sent you a friend request.

Welcome to MFP
  • shelldanielle
    Options
    Thanks for the friends invites :-)

We will all find out healthy weight eventually whether its needing to gain or losing weight x
  • shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi im also from the uk xxxxx goodluck x
  • wolsteem
    wolsteem Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi there, you will find plenty of people who will support you in your quest here. Add me as a frient too if you like, I also UK. :smile:
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm from Yorkshire. I'm sure you will find this site very helpful with your goal, and all the people on here are very freindly and help loads with the motivation. feel free to send me a friend request if you wish :bigsmile:
  • xXshortcakeXx
    Options
    You're not the only with a "hefty" goal... I'm working on 105-110 pounds myself! Good Luck! Add me if you feel like it!
  • Pianobeth
    Options
    Hi! You can do it!!!!
    A year ago I was 47 pounds heavier than I am now. I didn't go on a diet, though. I went on a life-style change because I want to maintain a healthier body weight and fitter body for the rest of my life. I used Joel Furhman's book "Eat To Live". The basic premise of the plan is to make 80 - 90% of what you eat each day fruits and veggies - preferably raw. He has a six-week kick off plan that if you follow it, it really helps lose weight fast and gives you motivation to stay committed to a healthier life style.
    I used to love to munch on sweets - especially cookies. The first few weeks were rough when I had cravings for sweets, but I'd grab an apple instead. Now I rarely crave sweets and when I do have a cookie or cake I find myself not enjoying it like I used to. I'm thankful for that. Blessings on your road to a healthier lifestyle!!!!!! Your "MFP" friend, Beth
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. Lots of useful information and people who are all here to support you. :smile:
  • shelldanielle
    Options
    Thanks for all your messages of support I will add you all :-)

XX
  • binsylad
    binsylad Posts: 99
    Options
    Welcome aboard Shell, Good luck with your Journey....

Mike /UK
  • shelldanielle
    Options
    :smile: thanks Mike good luck to you to x
  • faith1234
    faith1234 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    yes i will be a friend on here i too am just startin this journey
  • nathanemillie
    Options
    Add me if you like. I joined last Monday
  • Bigsportygirl
    Bigsportygirl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome from a fellow Brit! Congrats for being proactive and joining the site and be excited about your weight loss journey that's about to start! The folks on MFP are brilliant, very encouraging and supportive.
  • shelldanielle
    Options
    thanks bigsportygirl :-) xx
  • marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle, Welcome to MFP and good luck with your weight loss! I'm also from the UK, feel free to add me as a friend for support! :happy:
  • MidniteDayDream
    MidniteDayDream Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm not from the UK, I'm just a person who's up all night and sleeps all day. I did live in the UK for 2 years in Mildenhall village. I absolutely loved it there. I also have a hefty weight loss goal of 85-90 lbs. Currently at 251 and looking to be down around 165. I know it's not going to be easy and I look forward to getting/giving support from/to those who are trying/have lost a large amount of weight.