A bit of advice around a PLATEAU

stevepound
stevepound Posts: 28 Member
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
I have hit that dreaded PLATEAU this week. Calories right, excercise right, but weight hasn't moved. This is the 3rd time its happened, and now I've realised why this has happened.

Every time I have had a Plateau, that week both my water intake was low, and also my intake of fruits and veg had gone down. It makes complete sense now, as both water and the fiber you get from fruit and veg help flush all the rubbish out your system and keep your organs functioning properly. Every single week ive put lots of fruit and veg in my diet and drunk loads of water, the weight has dropped off!

Just thought id share that with anyone whos a little stuck on their weight at the moment. Also anyone else with some added advice to overcome a Plateau, feel free to add to my info!

Replies

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Im the same this week, so will defo up my water and veggies, Thanks
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    I like your theory on plateau.... I too have found when I'm not drinking enough water, the weight doesn't budge. Never thought to look at fruits and veggies too, thanks for the tip I'll have to go back and examine my diary to see if this holds true as well.
  • glendeb
    glendeb Posts: 129 Member
    I'm good at drinking water but a bit slack at the fruit and veg - but I'm trying!

I've only just started, so will keep your thoughts in mind - Thanks!
  • stevepound
    stevepound Posts: 28 Member
    I come across this article which explains why exactly water is important in weight loss, take a look.... http://www.losethattyre.co.uk/how-water-helps-you-lose-weight/
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Thanks for that I will try harder with the water intake and see what happens :smile:
This discussion has been closed.