can work hours affect ???

Options
can the hours i work have an affect on my weight loss ?
I am on nights at the moment about to return to day shifts for a while, I have been loosing weight over the past 20 days with help from mfp, could I be loosing more if i was sleeping at night and awake through the day more? I also go straight to the gym in the morning after a shift, and as offten as i can through the week even if i'm on nights, can this also be affected ??

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    As long as you're still going when you get out, and still following the proper eating habits, your waking hours shouldn't matter.
  • sdoherty1000
    sdoherty1000 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Dude, our brains work overtime when we sleep so what you need to do is get a good 6,7,8 hours sleep. Think of your body as a machine. It needs an energy source (food) it needs lubrication (water) and it needs repairing (sleep) if a machine isn't working correctly the end product would be rubbish so think of it this way- keep your machine running great and the end product will be great!

Your losing weight so stick to what you are doing pal and remember I am here to listen and offer advise if you ever need it
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    Im the same when I work nights. I train staright after work. I also dont sleep anywhere near 8hrs more like 4hrs , therefore I tend to eat more. So working nights does affect me because I eat more.

Also when Im on days I go to the gym before work , once gain I only get about 6hrs sleep.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    doesn't affect me. all my weight loss has come from working graveyard hours.
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    The change in shift shouldn't have an impact. As long as you keep your routine of proper exercise, good sleep and nutrition. You may see a slight plateu the first week due to your body adjusting to the new schedule, but it should be minimal if the aforementioned are being kept as routine as possible.

God Bless!

Shawn
  • goldenbutterfly
    Options
    shift work stuffs up your motablism