Hello, I'm new

Options
76claire
76claire Posts: 13 Member
Hi all

This is my first day so thought I'd say 'hi'. I've been a serial dieter since I was around 15 and really want to get away from following a specific diet and instead be someone who just eats healthily and exercises regularly. I've tried Slimming World, Weight Watchers, Atkins, the 3 Day Diet and the Master Cleanse (to name a few!)

I hope this site will help me to have a more healthy approach to food... I've had enough of fad diets.

Replies

• bruinjames
    Options
    welcome to mfp

tina
  • george1957
    george1957 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome,
    I'm also new to this site. I've been using it for one week now and lost 5 pounds. So hop aboard and enjoy.:smile:
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

Master Cleanse? That just sounds scary to me hahaha
  • dean0721
    dean0721 Posts: 143
    Options
    welcome to mfp, and good luck
  • kimmybefit66
    kimmybefit66 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good morning and welcome xx

I've been here a few weeks now and found this has boosted my wieght loss since starting to loose wieght just after christmas.

I'm not sure if its the right thing to do but i'm using this site along side slimming world and up till now have lost 1stone :-) so its working for me :-)
  • CHUBBEH
    CHUBBEH Posts: 8
    Options
    FAKEANDGAYFATHOLE
  • CHUBBEH
    CHUBBEH Posts: 8
    Options
    FAKEANDGAYFATHOLE
  • WalkerPop
    WalkerPop Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I agree with @gdnplnty, "Master Cleanse" sounds ominous!

Welcome to MFP. While the site won't "make" our weight change, I've found that it provides two factors that can increase the likelihood of our success. MFP offers support and accountability. I'm a newbie too, but this community is one of the most encouraging "places" you can be. I would encourage you to have an accountability partner (or three).
  • ramila12
    ramila12 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hi welcome to mfp it's just fantastic i am enjoying it if you need friends you can add me my diary is open
  • 76claire
    76claire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the lovely replies. @WalkerPop... accountability is definitely what I need.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I also have trued lots of diets. But this site is great. . Good luck.
  • gunny34
    gunny34 Posts: 68
    Options
    hello.. WELCOME.
    You can friend me if you'd like. I've been on here for about a month and a half I've lost 15 lbs... I just recently started P90X. I keep my diary public to friends and if you need anything... look me up. :O)