Mothers!

Options
fteale
fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
I do a lot of exercise, and a lot of strength stuff and ab work, but despite the rest of me being pretty tined, my stomach is completely soft and flabby these days. I always had a six-pack pre-children, but despite being able to feel the muscles under all the flab, it just looks and feels like jelly. It's as if the skin isn't attached at all, and is covered in millions of stretchmarks. Does anyone else have this, and has anyone managed to get rid of it? I don't think it's just about losing fat all over, as I don't have much anywhere else at all, none on my legs or butt.

Replies

• momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I have that too...loose, wrinkly skin. Unfortunately, I don't think it will go away without a little nip and tuck! I like to think of it as a badge of honor for carrying, delivering, and caring for four kids!
  • karenmiller81
    karenmiller81 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you're correct in that it really is just loose skin (as opposed to fat), which means the only true way to get rid of it is surgery, like a tummy tuck. I have the same issue and it can be pretty depressing. I also was quite fit and had very trim, muscular abdominals before I had my children, and even though I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight and size, my stomach looks completely different than it used to. I'm starting to accept the fact that that is the way it is and that my boys are worth it!
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have it! I am trying to lose 9 more pounds....we will see.....good luck!

Laura
  • herbalgirl011
    Options
    I have it too. The best thing you can do is make sure you do exercises that reattach the muscles that detach during child birth. Post partum yoga exercises help with that. After you do your best with that, that sad truth is like everyone else has said, abdomino plasty/ tummy tuck.

http://www.babyzone.com/mom_dad/fitness_nutrition/article/postpartum-yoga
  • BeGreat25
    BeGreat25 Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm proud to say I got baby fat left over too. It's hard because everything else looks fine except having squigglys all over the belly area. I don't look at it as bad because 1.) I'm still working on it. 2.) gives me something to do to work hard. 3.) I look at people with no kids and I look better than them :) but in the end it's about trying and trying.
    What you should focus on is feeling good in your own skin and keep on eye on what you eat etc....
    Also if I do ever have kids again which I pray I will one day I will definitely do a tummy tuck.