Mod pace or brisk pace?

Frappuzzino
Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
edited September 25 in Fitness and Exercise
I power walk for 25 minutes a day, and at the end of each walk my calf muscles definitely feel the burn. My boyfriend and I went on a moderate paced walk yesterday evening with our dogs and I didn't feel anything from my muscles. I logged it into MFP and if I did a 30 minute moderate paced walk, I'd be burning 192 cals as opposed to the 171 from briskly walking for 25 minutes.

So I don't feel the burn from a moderate paced walk, but I burn more calories. Which should I do?

Replies

• h64em
    h64em Posts: 64 Member
    Are you using a HRM? I always go by what mine says. It can differ alot from MFP calories burned. Maybe worth looking into getting one. There are loads of posts on here about the different types you can buy. But well done with the exercise anyway!! :))
  • hyoung3
    hyoung3 Posts: 85 Member
    When I walk (which is almost every day) I use this site:

www.walkjogrun.net

If you don't have a heart rate monitor, you can use it to help determine your burn.... I've found it to be reasonably accurate.

Plot a course, walk it, time your walk, enter the time and it will calculate for you.

Keep on a-walkin'.... it's a very good way to become healthier !!
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    When I walk (which is almost every day) I use this site:

www.walkjogrun.net

If you don't have a heart rate monitor, you can use it to help determine your burn.... I've found it to be reasonably accurate.

Plot a course, walk it, time your walk, enter the time and it will calculate for you.

Keep on a-walkin'.... it's a very good way to become healthier !!

Thank you for the website! I will definitely be using it. :)
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    cheers for that link x
This discussion has been closed.