Vitamin D and Leg Pain

Options
For a couple of weeks I've had really bad pain on the bottom front part of my legs. It felt like I went climbing for days non stop. Even to the touch, it was painful. I realized I hadn't been taking my Vitamin D (im deficient). THE DAY I began taking them again the pain began to go away. Just thought I would share!!!

Has this happened to anyone else?

Replies

• TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Not that exactly but if I miss my iron with vitamin C supplement I get TERRIBLE restless leg Syndrom RLS
  • owlwomyn
    owlwomyn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I notice a difference in joint pain when I stop taking my D also! I live in Fl. and I get a sufficient amount of sun and I am still deficient in D. The Doc says more and more people are low on D. Wonder what that is about?
  • Noz7
    Noz7 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    rickets?

@owlwomyn you need the oil on your skin to turn into Vitamin D on exposure to the sun and then you need to LET IT SOAK IN... what this means in practice is not scrubbing yourself in the shower around the time you get your sun (neither before nor after).

is your skin dry?
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    Lots and Lots of people are deficient. Its weird. Ive been taking the Vitamin D but missed it for a couple of weeks and the pain was unbearable. The moment I took it again, it went away.
    Thanks. I notice a difference in joint pain when I stop taking my D also! I live in Fl. and I get a sufficient amount of sun and I am still deficient in D. The Doc says more and more people are low on D. Wonder what that is about?