Bad Weekend! Question...

njjazz16
njjazz16 Posts: 13 Member
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
This weekend didn't go too well as far as keeping on track with my calories (think typical college weekend). In fact, it was horrid. I've done the math and if I have slightly larger deficits this week, by Friday I will have the same caloric intake as if I had stuck to my guns the past two days.

Now my question is, does that actually even out? Can I just reduce my calories during the week to make up for it, or do the past two days "ruin" the week?

Replies

• njjazz16
    njjazz16 Posts: 13 Member
    This weekend didn't go too well as far as keeping on track with my calories (think typical college weekend). In fact, it was horrid. I've done the math and if I have slightly larger deficits this week, by Friday I will have the same caloric intake as if I had stuck to my guns the past two days.

Now my question is, does that actually even out? Can I just reduce my calories during the week to make up for it, or do the past two days "ruin" the week?
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member

It's really not best to go that route as it really doesn't work that way with our bodies....better to do each day individually and then move on realizing today is a brand new day to start anew!:flowerforyou: SO your weekend got a bit out of hand food/drink wise....just start now from where you are and it's all clean slate from here!! :drinker:

You want to be sure to eat all your excercise calories as well....what some do on MFP if they ate a bit more than planned or went to an event....they work the extra cals taken in through an extra workout that day.

But if that doesn't work for you with your weekend fun, just wake up the next day, or the next hour or the next meal and put it all past you....try not to hang on to things that make you feel bad...life is much too short.

This is a journey....not a diet if we can all keep that in mind.....things would all be much simpler.... I know at times I complicate things and wow, does that ever get in the way of living the simple life.:blushing: :bigsmile:

Food is simply a PART of our lives...it's not LIFE, healthy eating is a journey a lifelong one.

:flowerforyou: YAY for you for taking time to post on here.....means you're serious about getting healthy!:heart::flowerforyou:
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    I would just eat your "regular" calories and move forward. If you cut your calories you may just set yourself up for failure... you'll be hungry want to eat and then binge... starting that crazy cycle all over again. Move forward, eat healthy and be sure to get your exercise. You'll be fine. :smile:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Don't try to justify overindulgence by undereating. That's just a watered-down binge/purge cycle, and anyone who has struggled with that will tell you to avoid before it becomes extreme. If you decide to binge, you need to accept the reality that you will put on a small amount of body fat in the short term and a good amount of water weight, and then return to normal, healthy eating patterns. This will support an actual lifestyle change in which you'll realize you NEED to practice self control and moderation, and that will make things much easier.
This discussion has been closed.