Hi, I'm here for some support and motavation :))

Options
Hi Guys, I'm 33 and gave up smoking just over 2 years ago and replaced nicotine addiction for junk food addiction, so, gained 28 pounds in the process, I have decided to take myself back into hand and started mountain biking back in January which I love and I also go running so i'm getting some form of exercise at least 4 times a week, however I'm not loosing any weight although I have lost inches (not meny though). I joined MFP last week and have been filling in the food diary and I can see where I'm going wrong I eat far to much junk food. I have change my diet and swopped food stuffs to low fat and eat a lot more fruit, veg and salads, however crisps and chocolate are my weakness :(

I would love to hear from people who also have junk food addiction and what tips you've got to get round your stodge cravings

Take care Diane :)

Replies

• JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I have been able to use fruit, yogurt, and sugar free Jell-O puddings. Don't give it up all together. You need a reward once in a while or else eventually you will probably go off the deep end and bings. Good luck. I have only been on here for just over a week but everyone seems to be very supportive and I am sure you will get a lot of replies to this.
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I just gave it up cold turkey. Occassionally have pizza but do veggie toppings and subway if I'm out and about and need to grab something. The weight loss I've had is my motivation.
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will get a lot out of this site. All the resources available to you will make food choices a lot easier. :) welcome!!!
  • JenniferWalden
    JenniferWalden Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You definitly need to treat yourself but it's finding the right things to feed your sweet tooth with! I am a HUGE fan of cheesecake! That's my biggest weakness!!! I recently tried some of the Jello temptations and they were good, Strawberry Cheesecake flavor of course! :happy: I have also found that popcilces don't have that many calories, I like some that are called "Bomb Pops" they sell them at Walmart and only have 40 calories! They are soft, not hard like most popcicles, it reminds me of the ice cream truck when I was little! You can do it!!! Still enjoy, just don't over enjoy and you'll see results! I joined a little over a week ago and have lost 6 pounds already! You can do it!!!
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    I am someone who has to have it out of sight out of mind. That being said, I also like to leave some room for a little treat-like a scoop of ice cream-1 scoop!! So just plan ahead and make healthy choices and keep the junk out of sight and portion control. I always go to an ice cream shop to get the one scoop, it cost more than it would to just buy the ice cream, but it makes me sure I will only eat the one scoop!!
  • Shunhades
    Shunhades Posts: 16
    Options
    First off, great job on coming here for support and motivation =)

As for junkfood addiction, honestly what you can do is treat yourself every so often with a snack. But make sure its a reasonable portion. On days when you have a craving, you give yourself something small or substitute it for some fruit =) It's what I do. Like if I want some chocolate, instead of eatting say a whole chocolate bar, I just take a small piece of it and keep the rest for later.

It's abit hard at first but eventually you learn that just cause you have the craving doesn't mean you have to indulge on it all the time. Trust me i've learned this and it was exceedingly difficult. But it only gets better after alot of practice. Just remember it's better to eat a small amount of junk food, than to just cut yourself off entirely.