Low calorie/sugar Juice??

Options
I love making fruit smoothies in the morning using frozen fruit and juice (a lot quicker). However the Cran-Grape juice (which I love) or any other juice that I use is high in calories and sugar for one cup. I've tried it with just water but it's not as good or sweet. I've also heard about adding honey to sweeten it. So do you guys have any other suggestions or alternatives for juice?

Replies

• joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Use fresh fruit and a juicer? You can try agave syrup instead of honey. When I make fruit smoothies I just blend frozen/fresh fruit, ice and milk/yoghurt. I've never added juice or sugar, it's sweet enough as it is.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Diet v8 Splash... tastes awesome and only 10 calories for an 8 ounce glass :happy:
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    When I make fruit smoothies I just blend frozen/fresh fruit, ice and milk/yoghurt. I've never added juice or sugar, it's sweet enough as it is.

Agreed. My smoothies are frozen fruit, skim milk, and sometimes protein powder (I like the chocolate peanut butter). But I like the smoothies with just milk and frozen fruit.
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    You could also use a packet of Cran-Raspberry/ Pomegranate Cherry Crystal Lite.... even if you use honey or agave syrup, that is still added sugar and calories.
  • naturalbeauty47
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm not a big milk or yogurt fan but I will definitely try the Diet V8 splash and Crystal Light packets.