My Memaw

Options
This morning, my Grandmother passed away. She was a wonderful, amazing, beautiful woman and she taught me so many things. In her honor...I will not allow myself to eat emotionally, and will continue to lose weight because she wanted me to be healthy and happy. I am still doing this for myself...but she will always be one of those voices in my head telling me to keep moving. I only hope all of you are blessed to know someone as special as she, and that you allow that person to guide you and teach you. But most of all, I hope you find someone who know what the word love really meant. Memaw, I will miss you, but one day we will be in heaven together..and when I get there we are going quilting!

Replies

• sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. Yesterday was 6 years since my MeeMaw passed away. It will get easier with time but she will always be in your heart and guide you in ways you cant imagine.
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that - my own grandmother passed away just over a year ago she was 93yrs old & had a great life.
    Stay strong for yourself but don't beat yourself up if things slip away from you - give yourself time to grieve
    (((((((hugs)))))))
  • pattybond1234
    pattybond1234 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss and send you sympathies. I lost my Grandmother 26 years ago and still miss her. Since then, I have also lost my sister and parents. Grief is a difficult emotion. It's okay to cry, to be sad, and, even, to be mad....it's a process that we must go through so just let it happen. And, if you "fall off the wagon" a little, that's okay, too.
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. I hope the memories you have of her make your heart smile. :flowerforyou: