Just started binge eating and I need...

Options
some healthy, filling meal ideas. For the past month, I have been binge eating every weekend. I don't know how it started, but I can't seem to stop. I feel sick right now, I feel sick every time I do this... But I do it anyways. I've never really had a problem with it... other than the occasional cheat day.... And yet, it's just recently that my cheat days have gotten out of hand, and I keep eating despite my stomach being bloated to 3x times its normal size. Ugh...

So, can anybody share some healthy meals and snacks? Anybody want to help me come up with a meal plan? Even during the week, I don't eat well; I eat a lot of junk that just fits in my calorie goals. I always feel the best on the days I really strive to eat "clean," and I want to feel like that every day, you know? I've been doing a calorie shifting diet, but I don't think I can handle it. Today was supposed to be my 1800 calorie day, and I think that's what triggered my binge. So, I could really use some advice on how many calories to eat too. 1300? 1400? I'm starving all day at 1200, so I don't think that's right for me.

Help!! I'm desperate. :sad: :cry:

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I am still pretty new to this, but have been impressed by how full I have been able to feel while eating healthier meals and snacks. I can try to help you out with my new found knowledge....add me if you'd like!
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    My diary is public if you want to take a look. I have been working at eating as clean as I can and I haven't felt like I've been hungry too often.
  • minus40
    minus40 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I tend to go a little 'overboard' at times, too - more of an emotional eater. I just joined. Feel free to add me and we can share our new found knowledge with each other. 1200 is hard for me, too, but I think it will motivate me to work out harder so I can have a daily 'treat' :)
  • shopgirl192
    shopgirl192 Posts: 102
    Options
    Low-fat yogurt is a great snack - it's sweet and it's healthy! :)

I also snack on: pretzels, reduced-fat wheat thins, frozen yogurt, and dark chocolate!!! But the key is to look at the serving size! If you look at a 100-calorie pack, it's low calorie, but is it honestly filling? I used to snack on 100-calorie packs all the time, but there came a point when it wasn't satisfying. Now I turn to what I mentioned above, as well as fresh fruit - an apple is sweet, yummy, and healthy! :)

Also... don't deprive yourself! If I crave an extra scoop of frozen yogurt, I do it! Although, I was craving it too much, so I banned it for 2 weeks! haha... It's been 1 week and I'm pretty excited to have it next weekend!
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I read a study summary at one point that found that people who feel like they're starving themselves binge whenever they get the chance. Maybe you need to trade off more calories every day for less likelihood of binging on the weekend--have a small treat every couple of days rather than once a week (in theory).
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    A calorie shifting diet may not be right for you, it is not right for everyone. Also, some people will eat white flour or sugar and end up not able to stop eating. It is almost like an allergic reaction to these products. You should keep a food diary and not only watch what you are eating when this happens but also watch to see how you feel before and than after you eat different foods. Good luck. Your weight loss is so great so far, don't let this set you back. You can do this.
  • mommazrulz222
    mommazrulz222 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure of what your diet is during the week, but if you are completely cutting out carbs and sugar you are more prone to binge eat. Your body needs carbs (from whole grains) and natural sugar (from fruits) for energy and normal brain function. By denying yourself these things, you body tries to make up for it by binge eating. Also taking a strict cut in calories will cause you to binge eat as well. If you want to reduce calories, slowly reduce them each week so your body has time to adjust instead of depriving it. I eat in moderation and allow for "something unhealthy" each day, I just add extra workout time to make up for the extra calories.