where is my water weight?

Options
I realllllllllly need to vent. 3 weeks of clean, healthy eating and 60 min of exercise each day 5times a week for 3 weeks and what to I get in the scale ZERO weight loss. I mean nil. That is beyond frustrating. Not even water weight? where is my water weight?
Drank lots of water, watched my sodium, met my calorie goal still no loss. I know it is only 3 weeks and I am not expecting big numbers but atleast a pound...I am also breastfeeding my 7month old, so is my body hanging on to the weight because of that? I don't know. I don't know how to continue my weightloss journey. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• PoorGirlEatingHealthy
    Options
    Are you eating enough calories? You probably require more because you are breastfeeding. I would ask you dr how many you should be eating while working out and feeding the lil one. You can actually put your body into starvation mode from too few!
  • erica2h
    erica2h Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It probably has to do with breastfeeding, although usually you lose weight doing that.Just stick to it, it will come off, sometimes it takes a month or so.And remember, you are now healthy so thats awesome!!:smile:
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    You should eat your calories from exersise back! on days i know i'm going to the gym, i log my exersie in the morning , then have bigger meals those days! I also think you need more calories when your breast feeding!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Good luck on your journey
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering the same thing... been at a frustrating plateau for 2 weeks now. I am trying a few new things to switch it up this week to see if that helps. No alcohol, not logging my walks to & from work like I've been doing, and keeping my HR in the fat burning zone instead of cardio when working out. Maybe just switch some things up (and yes, make sure you're getting enough cals. for the little one, too!).
  • beezalar
    beezalar Posts: 10
    Options
    I agree........too few calories. Not to mention the baby needs you to eat right now. Breast feeding is never a good time to try and count calories. Eat healthy for the baby, the rest will come in time.