CURRY LOVER!!

Options
I absolutely love curry... hot hot hot curries....need healthy recipes as getting take away currys is not doing me any good!! got a wedding to lose weight for.... not just any wedding but MY wedding!!!! wanting to lose at least 1 and half stone....... for july 31st!!! HELP!!! TIPS PLEASE!

:D

xx

Replies

• ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Ok, what is your favourite kind of curry? I love to cook and I love curry. I can make a few different kinds, but we usually stick with the same one.
  • loro1971
    loro1971 Posts: 135
    Options
    I absolutely love coconut curry, but it usually has lot's of fat and calories. I found this recipe online and it was AMAZING! I made it with 2 serrano peppers, and it was a little too spicy so I suggest using only 1 (I am definitely going to use 1 next time). Here it is! Hopefully you like it as much as I did.

Ingredients:
    4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
    1 cup water
    5 garlic cloves, minced
    2 serrano chili peppers, minced.... (like I said above, I would only use 1 unless you LOVE the heat)
    2 tbsp Thai green curry paste... (I used Thai kitchen brand)
    1 tbsp peeled fresh ginger, grated
    1 cup light reduced fat coconut milk
    1/2 red onion, sliced and chopped thin
    1/2 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2" pieces
    1 tbsp Asian fish sauce
    1 tbsp lime juice
    1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
    1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
    1 fresh lime, sliced into wedges
    Combine the broth, water, garlic, chili peppers, curry paste, and ginger in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Pour the broth through a colander into a large bowl. Set the broth aside, discarding the solids left in the colander.

Add 1/2 cup of coconut milk to the original saucepan; bring to a boil. Add the onion, reducing the heat to medium-high; cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid has evaporated (3-5 minutes). Add the chicken; stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink, approximately 4-6 minutes.

Stir in the broth mixture, fish sauce, 1/2 cup coconut milk, and the lime juice. Cook, stirring as needed, until the soup is hot, about 4 minutes.Divide soup into 4 bowls. Sprinkle with the scallions and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.

SERVES 4 BASED ON 1 1/2 CUPS PER PERSON
    Calories 165; Fat 5 grams; Sodium 1,130 gram
  • loro1971
    Options
    Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1/4th • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts
    Calories: 146.1 • Fat: 6.1g • Protein: 19 g • Carb: 2.6 g • Fiber: 0.4 g

1 tsp oil
    4 scallions, whites and greens separated, chopped
    1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
    6 oz light coconut milk
    2 tsp fish sauce
    1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
    salt to taste

In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add scallion whites and red curry paste and sauté one minute. Add shrimp and garlic, season with salt and cook about 2-3 minutes. Add coconut milk, fish sauce and mix well. Simmer about 2-3 minutes, until shrimp is cooked through. Remove from heat, mix in scallion greens and cilantro. Serve over rice and enjoy!
  • loro1971
    Options
    scallions and ginger spiced chicken

* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1-1 1/4 pounds total), trimmed
    * Salt & freshly ground pepper
    * 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
    * 1/4 cup minced scallion whites plus 1/2 cup sliced scallion greens, divided
    * 3 cloves garlic, minced
    * 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
    * 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
    * 1/3 cup red-wine vinegar
    * 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
    * 2 teaspoons sugar
    * Reduced-sodium soy sauce to taste

directions

1. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear until well browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and tent with foil.
    2. Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to the pan. Add scallion whites, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add broth, vinegar, hoisin sauce and sugar. Bring to a simmer. Cook until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
    3. Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan; reduce heat to low. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a warmed platter. Season sauce with soy sauce to taste and spoon over the chicken. Garnish with scallion greens.

JUST THREW THIS ONE IN AS WELL... I HAVE BEEN CRAVING THAI AND INDIAN LIKE CRAZY! HOPE THESE HELP.... PLEASE ADD ME IM ALWAYS POSTING RECIPES! HAGD!!!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    bump (thanks, all - these look great!)
  • bridetobe310711
    Options
    thanks guys!!! will have a try of your recipes... think my fav curry is chicken jalfrezi with extra spice love spicy foods!!
    i will say no to take outs and make my own!!! xxxx
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Ooh, hello fellow curry lovers!

Fortunately (or perhaps unfortunately) I have over 100 curry houses within a mile of my home, so I never cook them myself.

However, I might try some of the recipes posted here :-)
  • Postergirl82
    Options
    Bump!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    bump! LOVE curry!!
  • bridetobe310711
    Options
    Bump!

what does 'bump' mean?? i see it all the time and aint got a clue ha! x