Need Motivation!

Options
I am back where I was last week. Feeling sort of down. I know I can do it. I just can't get the stupid numbers out of my head. This keeps happening to me I work hard all week at what I eat keep track of the calories etc and do tonz of exercise I lose lbs and then the weekend comes and I'm not as strict on the calories and I dont exercise and when I get back on the scale I am back where I was at the beginning of the week. When will I keep these pounds off. I'm getting turbofire in the mail this week and I'm really hoping it'll do something for me! uggh...feeling down!

Replies

• elle18287
    elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I sabotage myself over the weekend! But, You just have to hop back on the wagon and try to identify ways you can be more strict on the weekends. I know it is discouraging, but if you are making any improvements in your eating/exercising you are making your body healthier and that is what really matters.
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    I feel the same way. Even have heart burn to go with the guilt. We just can't let the weekend get the best of us.
  • NlKKA
    NlKKA Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Here's my Motivation of the Day: Wake up thy heart and let the beat begin! You need to seek thy passion that makes the heart beat again.....allow yourself to be re-inspired. Life is about re-inventing and creating a new path to walk, skip and sometimes run on. It's time to wake up your heart and rock to a beat that's going to put a tap in your feet, a clap in your hands, a groove in your move, and a praise in your voice. Life doesn't have to be mundane. Today step into your dream and make it your reality!

I write and post these everyday and would love to add anyone as a friend that needs that extra motivation and support.
  • kellyjmac
    Options
    If you are doing a weekly weigh in on Mondays, move it to Fridays. I find that I weigh more on Monday morning than I did on the previous Friday morning. Although I usually exercise on the weekends, I do tend to splurge a little on food and drink and it will show on the scale on Monday. Hopefully this will keep you from getting discouraged!
  • yanksgurl613
    Options
    If you are doing a weekly weigh in on Mondays, move it to Fridays. I find that I weigh more on Monday morning than I did on the previous Friday morning. Although I usually exercise on the weekends, I do tend to splurge a little on food and drink and it will show on the scale on Monday. Hopefully this will keep you from getting discouraged!

This is a great idea! I wonder if I can hold myself back from weighing on Mondays but If I can I think this is an awesome idea and may just work
  • yanksgurl613
    Options
    It's good to see that I'm not the only one going through this. I just like to have a nice cup of wine on the weekend with sushi and I end up feeling terrible on Monday. I will try weighing of Fridays and maybe I can eat the things I like on the weekend and be healthy at the same time.
  • bryals
    bryals Posts: 6
    Options
    You know the answer and so do those who have posted replies. I found that in order to control my weekend calories issues I have a light breakfast, eat what I like for lunch but keep an estimate of the calories from the meal. Then I either have a very light dinner or sometimes an apple or salad if I my lunch was real bad example ( Sunday I had a mexican dinner cut the portions in half and then ate the most fatting sugar loaded dessert) that used around 1000 calories or more. So for dinner I had an apple, diet green tea and water. I went to bed feeling a little hungry but was able to report a weight lose this morning. I know it isn't the healthest thing but if I am going to consume my calories eating wrong I won't allow myself to go over. That helps, not easy and again not the healtiest but it allows me to enjoy the weekend and not destroy my work during the rest of the week.

Not sure that helps things but it's how I deal with it.