When does water count....?

Options
Hi pals

Do you count glasses of water only when you drink pure water or do you include water in fruit squash (not sure if you call it then in U.S)? The kind of drink that you dilute with water. I don't normally log these but wondered what everyone else does. i am trying to increase my water intake.
I don't include water in tea and coffee.

Any advice welcomed.
Thanks

Alison

Replies

• jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I personally only count when I drink straight water.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I personally only count when I drink straight water.

Me too!
  • Chrissieneave
    Chrissieneave Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i just count straight water, i do like to have juice when i'm working out, but i dont log it down! :)
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I only count straight water. It's pretty easy to do that for me though because that is all I'm drinking.
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I only log water when I drink plain water.
  • penny5
    penny5 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I only count pure water as well. I read somewhere that the 8 glasses of water per day is straight water, not juice. I think if you were to squeeze in some fresh lemon or lime that would count. Its just the added sugars and stuff like that that don't count.
  • pmorrison101
    Options
    I count it onlly as straight water I drink...not water in any foods....
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I count water and tea, which are the only things I drink anyway. If I didn't count tea I'd only have about 2 cups a day (or be drinking far too much if I had 8 glasses of water on top of tea).
  • alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...looks like straight water is the winner!!
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I log all the fluid I drink be it water, juice, coffee, water, milk or tea. I do limit my coffee to only 1 cup a day.
  • digby765
    digby765 Posts: 163
    Options
    I count all my drinks as they all contain water, however i make sure to add the calories for milk and sugar, and the squash used.

My understanding is that a healthy body needs 8 or more glasses of fluid daily, I like it when i go over the 8, just to see the little glass overflow lol....(little things please eh!)

I have noticed the more straight water i drink the more visits to the loo, possibly less water retention then, so i now try to alternate my drinks with every 2nd one being just water, however there are days when only a cuppa will do...:drinker: :laugh:

I converted to decaf in all my other drinks some years ago, and really felt better for it, but if you're going to do that, be sure to take it really slowly, don't just go 'cold turkey' or you'll get massive caffiene headaches..:sad: