Foods with shocking amount of calories...?

Options

Replies

• nicolenoel
    nicolenoel Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1) I used to go to Applebee's alllll the time and was SHOCKED to find out their boneless wings appetizer is 1200 calories!!!! :noway:

2) I am stillll a big Starbucks drinker but researched the lowest calorie drinks... Their frappacinos get way up there! :drinker:

You can get the light version of the fraps. love them
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Pizza. I was watching the calories and thought it would be okay. After I logged it I looked at the FAT GRAMS!!! Never again! So not worth it.
  • Simone1970
    Options
    I almost fell out of my seat after I read the two Twix bars and how many calories they have. I'd rather eat the 12 strips of bacon!
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hawaiian style macaroni salad. 300-500 calories for a single scoop? I'd rather eat a quarter pounder for that.
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

Quinoa! I read all of these recipes talking about how good it is for you and it is loaded with calories. Not worth it.

Quinoa is actually lower in calories than rice but, it amazing how quickly all of these calories add up, eh!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Avocado, but it is totally worth it to me. Makes life on calorie counting worth-while.

GG
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I live in the south (TX) so naturally pecan pie would be something I come across on a regular basis. I treat myself to it on Sundays. Not anymore though! Today I typed it in the system to see how many calories were in its: A Marie Callender Pecan Pie slice has 920 freaking calories in it!!! And I ate two slices!!!!! Ugh, totally screwed up my whole day. I learned two things: one, pecan pie is the devil. Two: check it BEFORE you eat it.
  • britt_fit
    britt_fit Posts: 169
    Options
    Those stinkin mini Blizzards at Dairy Queen! False advertising trying to make them look better for you...over 400 calories and sooo small...
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    luxury thick and creamy yoghurts/greek yoghurt

may as well eat a mars bar
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Except for the fact that yogurt is nutrient rich and comes in fat free versions. While a candy bar is processed sugar and fat.
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Holy *kitten*. 200 calories in a single S'Mores poptart. My daughter was eating one and the other was on the counter, I broke it up into pieces and was grazing on it while I was putting away groceries. I logged my calories later thinking, "Meh, maybe 90 calories at the worst.". Holy heck. That will teach me to eat and not look first. Sheesh.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Except for the fact that yogurt is nutrient rich and comes in fat free versions. While a candy bar is processed sugar and fat.

yeah but i specifically said the luxury thick and creamy ones, not the fat free versions, and the OP is asking about calories, not nutrients.
    Remember the twinkie diet? When it comes to losing weight, its calories that make the difference, not the nutritional content unfortunately.
  • charmingopal
    charmingopal Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    some late night foods at fast food that aren't too bad (calorie wise)
    - mcdonald's mcchicken 360 cal
    - mcdonald's grilled honey mustard snack wrap 260 cal
    - taco bell pacific shrimp taco 210cal

I think fast food like once or twice a week is okay!
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite restaurants is Cheesecake Factory. I used to order anything off their menu but when I decided that I wanted to eat more healthy, I was shocked to find out that most of their entrees were high in calories.
  • emourato
    emourato Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    1) I used to go to Applebee's alllll the time and was SHOCKED to find out their boneless wings appetizer is 1200 calories!!!! :noway:

2) I am stillll a big Starbucks drinker but researched the lowest calorie drinks... Their frappacinos get way up there! :drinker:

You can get the light version of the fraps. love them

Yup!!! They make a lottt of their drinks light!!!! It's sad I never realized until I started MFP!
  • chloeobe
    chloeobe Posts: 72
    Options
    Im not so sure about the Starbucks...My favourite "Strawberry & Cream Frapachino" with cream on top has something like 490 calories, and 12gs of fat.....FOR A DRINK....OUCH!!

Looks like im giving them up!!
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    WRAPS!
    Wraps are often portrayed as the more healthy alternative. I was shocked to find that at Subway, a wrap (by itself) was 310 calories versus the 200 calorie 6" Italian bread.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    In my past life I would pickup up a DD bacon/egg/cheese on a bagel at least once a week. 530 calories for breakfast! Yikes!!
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    usually if i eat out (whether fast food or sitdown) I order grilled chicken. I take off half the bread or bun, no dressing or mayo and order a side salad instead of fries with their low cal/fat dressing on the side. Safest bet really. Of course I have my days (thank god its rare) when I eat whatever and regret it later :P
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Being that I am new to watching calories I have to say... EVERYTHING! I have been making the shocked pffffffft sound at the grocery store alot this week haha

HAHAHA I know that feeling.