I've been here a few days now, well, 2 or 3??

Options
and I just want to say what a great site this is!! Im so impressed with all the "tools" and they work really well. I tried 2 other sites and they were sooooooooo difficult. The Daily food journal is a real breeze!! Plus, there are actually people on the forum to talk to and answer your posts and lots to answer theirs!! My friend edie and I are really excited about it all! I am amazed most, again, at your food database!!! Awesome! I also love how easy it is to group foods into meals so you don't have to keep entering all separatly!! I know I sound pumped but I did just get back from yet another 4 mile walk, LOL!! We do a pretty good pace but not so fast we can't enjoy it. Sometimes I have to go alone but I love that as well. Just wanted to thank the site and the creators of it.

Thank you, denise in Sams Valley Oregon:)

Replies

• NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    and I just want to say what a great site this is!! Im so impressed with all the "tools" and they work really well. I tried 2 other sites and they were sooooooooo difficult. The Daily food journal is a real breeze!! Plus, there are actually people on the forum to talk to and answer your posts and lots to answer theirs!! My friend edie and I are really excited about it all! I am amazed most, again, at your food database!!! Awesome! I also love how easy it is to group foods into meals so you don't have to keep entering all separatly!! I know I sound pumped but I did just get back from yet another 4 mile walk, LOL!! We do a pretty good pace but not so fast we can't enjoy it. Sometimes I have to go alone but I love that as well. Just wanted to thank the site and the creators of it.

Thank you, denise in Sams Valley Oregon:)
  • majic
    majic Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I'm glad you like it here. :)
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I'm glad you like it here. :)

Thank you much!! Im glad that there are so many active people here! My friend edie is going to be here later today getting her food journal started and her ticker. I also have another friend ready to join(she's takin a look at the site today)and she is in Australia!

See you soon, denise:)
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck on your journey to a healthier you!:flowerforyou:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, Denise! That was what got me hooked on this site from day 1. I'd tried keeping track of calories on some of the other big free weight loss/fitness sites and it was so hard & time-consuming to do that I always gave up after a day (or less!) I had always resisted counting calories because it always seemed too hard to do ... until I found MFP!

Glad you're here... keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck on your journey to a healthier you!:flowerforyou:

Thank you:) Im not getting notifications when I have a reply here so I better figure that out:) I will be gone for 3 days and hope I don't have trouble sticking to my portions, and, hope there aren't too many temptations like candycorn, lol!!! denise in Sams Valley
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    I know what you mean, Denise! That was what got me hooked on this site from day 1. I'd tried keeping track of calories on some of the other big free weight loss/fitness sites and it was so hard & time-consuming to do that I always gave up after a day (or less!) I had always resisted counting calories because it always seemed too hard to do ... until I found MFP!

Glad you're here... keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:

Yes, and I am so glad too because Edie is "computer shy" and this is easy for her. She is having a blast and doing really well!! She and I are running down to Sacramento to see her sister so this will be a bit of a test on my new "lifestyle" changes:) What's really good about it though is I haven't given up foods basically, just quantities, LOL!! True I don't eat as much "junk" food though:) See you when I return. We will have puter access but just long enough to get our food and fitness charts updated since it's her sis's puter:)

bye for now, denise in Sams Valley Oregon:)
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou: