Couch to 5K (start 4/4/11)

Options

Replies

• calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i'm in! although i'm nervous that i'm going to look completely stupid while running since i'm so large. also i prefer running outside, so i hope the weather holds out!

i have the C25K app on my iPhone...guess it's time to make up a playlist for it :)
  • xedo0220
    xedo0220 Posts: 2
    Options
    I walked a 5K Saturday too. It waas intense but i did it :flowerforyou:

I'm in for the couch to 5K gonna do it Wednesday - Friday & Sunday
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    i'm in, too. i started out a few weeks ago, but couldn't hack it - my endurance sucked. but i've built up a bit since then. and thanks to those who posted links to the podcasts - i have a "stupid" phone, do i'm going to be keeping the podcasts on my phone instead of using the app. (my MP3 player sucks and has very little memory, and i don't wanna sacrifice any of the music i stole from my husband's computer). hopefully i can do much better this time around.

for those thinking about doing other workouts meanwhile, the suggestion is to fit in some other kind of cardio on your "off days" and do your strength/weight/circuit training as usual.

for example, i do one or two workout videos every morning, and do the treadmill in the evenings, with pilates in there as part of my strength training.
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    i am starting week 5 tomorrow...i had to repeat week 3 for a week, because i wasn't ready for week 4...then i did week 4 with no problems! my first 5k is May 8th!
  • BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I down loaded the C25K months ago planning to start "someday" well I guess "someday" is tomorrow. I am in.
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just finished week 3 and will start week 4 on Tuesday. It's going very well so far and I'm actually starting to like it. I've never been able to run more than a minute at any other time in my life (I really didn't think I COULD do it). I plan on running my first 5k in June.

Feel free to add me :)
    :flowerforyou: ~Shanna
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    i changed my mind and started over tonight instead of tomorrow. it was amazing to be able to FEEL the progress i've made in just a couple of weeks. looking forward to making it through the whole thing this time!
  • jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options
    I want to start tomorrow..my 5k is in June..and I need help. Btw- I loved the link with the hiphop music-gets you moving, excellent suggestion!
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 4 tomorrow. I am so excited and I cannot believe I have stuck with it. Make sure you stretch really well before and after. I was so sore the first time it did it.

edit: i do mine outside and on the treadmill depending on the weather! We just got 10 inches of snow on the 1st so tomorrow will be on the treadmill. If you are running outside and you have an android or iphone i recommend the runkeeper app. It tells you your distance and mile per hour (mph). Runkeeper sends you an email every time you improve your distance or speed so it can be really encouraging to see how you are improving there as well.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I have been putting this off for a few weeks and I really need to get started. There is a 5K in June that I would like to do. I have done this program before but I always fizzle out around week 4. Does anyone know if it is okay to do other cardio daily with the C25K? I am trying to do more cardio and 60 - 70 minutes a week just does not sound like enough.

If you are comfortable doing more, I would.

I will be keeping up with my 30 day shred while I'm doing this. The goal is to do both on the days I'm doing this, but we'll see if that actually happens.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I'm planning a 5K in June so this might be inspiring to me. I did it once before but had to stop mid-way because of a surgery. This is what I need to get me back on track. Still fairly new to MFP. Do I just check back on this topic to see how everyone is doing? Or do we all become friends. Not sure of the process.

You can come back to this thread or friend people, or both, whatever you prefer. I tend to stick to the threads, but I've had a few people send friend requests. I'm good with that too, I just get lost on the posts so its easier for me to keep checking in here.
  • EllyK09
    EllyK09 Posts: 75
    Options
    I am in week 5 and will hopefully be able to complete day 2 today! I love to hear how other people are doing with the program!
  • qtilghman
    qtilghman Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Is it to late to join? Im currenty getting prepared to do the Susan G Komen 5k in June.
  • BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I started with Week 1 Day 1 this morning and did great feel really good. I am registered to walk/run a 1/2 marathon June 4th and I have been walking 5-6 day a week and I am up to 8 miles so far.
  • emourato
    emourato Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Is it to late to join? Im currenty getting prepared to do the Susan G Komen 5k in June.

If you don't mind me asking, which location will you be doing it at?
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    I guess I could have put the link in here too, even though they aren't clickable...

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

If you have a smartphone, you can also download apps that will keep track of the timing for you, telling you when to walk and when to run.
    I wish! I do have an mp3 player than I plan to download programs to though. I asked on the facebook page and they gave me a couple sites that they said were good.

Here is the 1 I started yesterday using my ipod..click the link and it will open their page. Click download from itunes to download entire program to your MP3 player..

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/couch-5K-running-plan.aspx

O and I am in :) I will be running on Sundays, Tuesday and Fridays most weeks.
  • Jbledsoe42
    Jbledsoe42 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing week 2 today if you want to friend me. I'd love the support too!
  • nehtaeh
    Options

The more the merrier! I'm sure some will drop out (I'm pretty high risk myself) but I hope enough stick around to keep up the motivation.
  • Frankie_
    Frankie_ Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm on my first run of week 3 tonight!

Fingers crossed I get through it...
  • surra
    surra Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm starting it too! I've actually done 4 days of week 1 so far. I seem to be off and on when it comes to it. I either do it good or can't finish it. Once I fully do 3 days of week 1, I'll move on!