After P90X....

Options
I'm about to finish my first cycle with P90X in another week! I've lost over 20 pounds and it's been a huge success. My fiance and I are going to be doing some marathon training starting in about a week and we will probably only do 1 or 2 P90X workouts a week, Which workouts should we continue to do during the next few months every so often since we won't have the time or energy to do them all? Thanks!

Replies

• jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!!! Core, yoga, and plyo would get my votes for the best workouts to use outside the program. :flowerforyou:
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I just continued to cycle through like normal, only not every day like I used to. This way I'm still working everything to stay toned overall, and I don't get burned out on any one disc.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I currently do a marathon training/ P90X hybrid. I only lift 2x a week using the p90x strength routines. I just make sure that Legs & Back isn't anywhere near my long run days. My schedule is this currently:

Mon- Lift
    Tues- Tempo Run
    Wed- Spinning
    Thurs- am Lift/ pm Easy Run
    Friday- Rest
    Saturday- Long Run
    Sun- Yoga (either a class or Yoga X)

I also do ab ripper x 3x a week. All my work outs expect for Thursday's pm run are done at 4:30 am for me so if im feeling up to it i can always through in kempo or plyo at night ...its all about finding a do-able balance of running/p90x that work for you.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm running 4-5 days per week (half-marathon training) and mixing that with Core, Plyo, or the Legs and Back routines on days that I don't run. I also will do the Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps routine together with short runs (easy 3-milers).

I have to be careful not to kill it on the Legs and Back routine or my running suffers from having 'tired legs'.

Great job on completing the program, I have yet to do that!! And you're getting married, how awesome!! :) Best of luck to you and your fiancee on your marathon!
  • brysanch102
    brysanch102 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great advice thanks everyone! :flowerforyou: