Hello from Northern Virginia!

Options
Hello everyone!

My name is Sarah, and I'm a 26 year old female living just outside of Washington, DC in Northern Virginia. I started losing weight at the end of last summer, and just recently joined MFP to help me get motivated after a lull in dieting. I started out trying to lose weight my wedding, but now my focus is mainly on being fit and feeling good about myself. I want to start this new phase of my life with a healthy lifestyle!

I don't have any friends yet on here - but I'd love to friend anyone in the DC area or women in their mid-20s in a similar situation. I'm 5'7", and started out last summer at a peak of 180. I've gotten it down to around 150, and I'd like to be 130 eventually. I realize that 130 might not be realistic for the wedding on July 2nd since I'm trying to rebuild some muscle tone.

I'm also doing the JM 30 Day Shred in April - super psyched :)

Sarah

Replies

• healthyandthin
    healthyandthin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm from NoVA too! Nice to meet you!
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options
    Hi Sarah,

My name is Lisa and I moved to Fredericksburg VA last year. The area is beautiful :)

You'll definately find the support you need here. Everyhone is so great! I'll send you a friend request.

Have a great day :flowerforyou:
  • arbellas
    arbellas Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Im from Northern Virginia too! Friend request being sent :)
  • Rocknsynchrogrl
    Options
    I'm in Northern VA too! I sent a Friend Request :)
  • warrior_underdog
    Options
    Well hello there. I'm 24 in DC. Looking to drop 15 or so and tone like crazy. I'm doing a bootcamp in Rock Creek Park area for the next few weeks, then another one in Kalorama I think. Warrior Dash in MD on May 22nd! I want to get down around 130-135 I imagine in the long run, but I'm just out of the 160s (yay 159! hehe) so I know I have to be patient. Slow and steady baby.

Feel free to add me as a friend, neighbor
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Hello! I'm in Northern VA as well! You can add me as a friend if you'd like.
    Good luck on your journey!
  • Swilson87
    Swilson87 Posts: 139
    Options
    ok, I was just in Dumfries a few weeks ago friendless and gymless. Where were you guys...lol
  • SarahE1092
    Options
    YAY people close to me! I am in Centreville, VA and I am 26. I have a lot of weight to lose, but I am on my way of getting it off. I have been on this site for about 2 years on and off, but now I have been on for 80 days straight.
    I have a treadmill at home, that I bought last year, so I do not go to the gym.

Feel free to send me a request!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Didn't realize there were so many folks in NoVA. I'm in Fairfax, and trying to regain my pre-kidlet shape. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hi, I grew up in Fairfax. I have a ton of weight to lose and I am determined to get healthy which icludes running (work in progress) and weights. And being pre kidlet size would be great! Welcome and good luck!
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm in Alexandria, I'll send you a request! I also recently started 30 day shred..! I'm only on the second day!